• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How can I add struts frame work with already exist project(MVC architectured)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
any body can help, how to add struts frame work with exsting project((MVC)Ejbs,Jsps,Servlets) with help of JDev 9.0.3 or IBM WebSphere 5.0....
is there any Idea like making jars and import into struts frame work like that....or any libraries adding or any other way....
Kondal.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
They will probably move this over to the struts thread.
Anyhow, depending on how big your application is, you would probably want to just do everything by hand. How familiar are you with struts? I would think that once you are familiar with how to build struts apps, you could take an existing app and systematically break it down. That is what I have had to do at my place of employment. If you plan on using the validation framework(which I highly recommend), you will need to do a lot of changes as well.
Struts is awesome, but I don't think there is any clean way to just convert it all over. The process will really solidify your knowledge though.

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yep, Eric is right. I am going to move this to the Struts forum, so that you can't get better answers there.
Mark

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic