• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

EDITING A JSF DATATABLE

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Sirs et Madames,
I have previously asked this question (https://coderanch.com/t/472185/JSF/java/SINGLE-LINE-EDITING-JSF-DATATABLE) but no-one has answered it, am assuming maybe no one understood what I was asking so am hoping if I rephrase it someone could help, as am DESPERATELY stuck for ideas here...

I have a datatable which displays 4 columns... the first column containing checkboxes, and the fourth (final) column displaying values. I want that if I click on a checkbox for a particular row, the final column (value column) becomes editable without necessitating navigating to another page. Here is a link to an example of what I have in mind.

http://www.javapassion.com/handsonlabs/jsfdatatable/#Exercise_3

I can achieve what the example acheives, on clicking the checkbox, the corresponding value field becomes editable, HOWEVER the example does not go as far as PERSISTING these changes to a database, and when I try persit the changes, the ORIGINAL value is what is persisisted, as in the new edited value does not even seem to get picked up. Have been struggling with this for days, can someone please help? Would Ideally like to be able to do this without ajax or any other technologies, would like to use purely the same techniques as in the example provided in the link.

Would appreciate all the help I can get,
Thanks in advance

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You asked question already answered by you !
The above link explain how you can do it without any page navigation or ajax-enable !!

the only thing doesn't mention in the example how you implement save change button.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic