• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Buying SCJP voucher

Ranch Hand
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The Official sun site sells the voucher for $300
Whizlab.com sells SCJP voucher for $224.95

Does it make a difference from where it is purchased?

Also, there might be other legitimate sites selling the voucher for different prices. Is it a good idea to go shop around?

Your thoughts on this will be appreciated...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
go check out niit centres...they sell it too...and a bit cheaper too...

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I just purchased a voucher from whizlabs.com to take my SCJP 6 exam. I was immediately emailed a confirmation and a separate receipt from paypal. However, no promised voucher code nor pdf document has arrived yet. I have tried to email their customer service department, but have only received an auto reply promising a response within a day's time. I have twice tried to use the live online customer service chat, but both times the chat window closed imediately. I have tried to call the listed phone number and every time I get hung up on after several rings without even so much as a recorded message.

I can find nothing in my spam folders.

Hopefully, I'm just reacting too quickly, and there's just a simple explanation with a resolution coming soon. Who knows? maybe I did something wrong. But at the moment, I'm feeling a bit worried.

I'll check back in with an update as the situation develops.

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting that whizlabs.com is attempting to cheat me out of my money--I think others have posted here that they have successfully purchased and used vouchers bought through whizlabs. I'm just wanting you to know that for unknown extenuating circumstances or for whatever reason, my experience thus far has been well less than ideal.

Nidhi Sar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ankur kothari wrote:go check out niit centres...they sell it too...and a bit cheaper too...

I'm wondering though whether the vouchers niit sells would be valid in India only, not in other countries like US. There is a big discussion on this in another post.

Nidhi Sar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Eric Battley wrote:I just purchased a voucher from whizlabs.com to take my SCJP 6 exam. I was immediately emailed a confirmation and a separate receipt from paypal. However, no promised voucher code nor pdf document has arrived yet. I have tried to email their customer service department, but have only received an auto reply promising a response within a day's time. I have twice tried to use the live online customer service chat, but both times the chat window closed imediately. I have tried to call the listed phone number and every time I get hung up on after several rings without even so much as a recorded message.

I can find nothing in my spam folders.

Hopefully, I'm just reacting too quickly, and there's just a simple explanation with a resolution coming soon. Who knows? maybe I did something wrong. But at the moment, I'm feeling a bit worried.

I'll check back in with an update as the situation develops.

Eric,

Your experience sounds scary. I think its a reputable company so maybe it is some glitch. Keep us posted.

Eric Battley
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Good news!

I received a voucher certificate pdf by email 5 hours ago (overnight in my time zone). It was sorted into in my spam folder so if you use this company, keep an eye out for that.

I guess I was overly anxious and should have given whizlabs.com some more time before worrying about this.

I expect that the voucher code is valid and that the certificate is sufficient. Of course, if something turns out to not be right, I'll be sure to provide another update.

Are we home yet? Wait, did we forget the tiny ad?
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic