• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

how to export PDF report within the Arabic and English data through jsp code.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

I have the requirement for the following four steps of process.

1) In first step webpage get the arabic data and stored into database correct format of arabic data.

2) In the second step retrieve the arabic data from database and shows in webpage.

3) In the third step shows the report on webpage.

4) In the fourth step click the button that report page dynamically create pdf format file.

I have tried to all steps and that process are,

1) In the first step, i have to set the [charset=utf-8 ,page-encoding=utf8] in jsp code and set the table and
each field [collation=utf-8generic-ci].It accept arabic data, but it stored in different format (hash,ampasand symbol and five digit number).

2) In the database have the different (hash,ampasand symbol and five digit number) format of data(original data is arabic),
but it retrieve and shows the data in webpage is correct arabic format of data.

3) In the database have the different (hash,ampasand symbol and five digit number) format of data(original data is arabic),
but it shows the report in webpage is correct arabic format of data.

4) In the database have the different (hash,ampasand symbol and five digit number) format of data(original data is arabic).
I have tried to export pdf format using itext jar file. It directly retrive the datas from the database. so,it shown the different
format of data (hash,ampasand symbol and five digit number).

Please guide me for the following process.

In the button click event that webpage are dynamically export the pdf format file is possible or not.
Otherwise that pdf file get the data from database(hash,ampasand symbol and five digit number) directly.

so guide me, how to convert the correct format of arabic data into pdf file.It possible or not.

Also I have tried to jasper report in same problem. But, database have the correct arabic data means it shows the ??? in jasper report .

which one i will use itext or jasper report. and how can i solve the problem.Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

zita.

author
Mac OS X Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I can only offer some small advice on the ??? part, read http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Unicode.html

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. Crunchy tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic