• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem with Eclipse New Dynamic Web Project ,fails with the localhost url

Ranch Hand
Android Eclipse IDE Windows XP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am trying to make a struts project with having Dynamic Web Project menu for making my first Struts Project. I created the the project and tried to run the url with TOMCAT apache server started.On using http://localhost:8080/Struts it is failing and showing

Http 404
type Status report
message /Struts
description The requested resource (/Struts) is not available.

Right now I have tried with all the ways given in websites like add plugins and all but it yet not worked.As same if I am making any TOMCAT project , then URL is working fine but thereby I cant create any Struts Project.So please provide the proper way to create a Struts Application. I already installed all the Struts latest plugins but it yet not helped me.Somewhere I am making mistake but where I am unable to find it out.Please suggest.

For Normal Tomcat project if we are not adding any files even it shows some directory structure but this thing is not working same with Dynamic Web Project.I did not add any file in the Struts project as well as in Tomcat

If you are using a wood chipper, you are doing it wrong. Even on this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic