• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

GWT deployment on a struts 2 web app

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Before i go on and try i want to know if it's remotely possible what i want to do.
I have this struts 2 small web app, and i want to display a chart using Google visualization API at the time i'm displaying a table of values from the database (using JSP).
Can i deploy the chart w/o needing the app engine?
Can the chart obtain its data from the Action Context, or from the table itself, or how should i get it?

Tudor Raneti
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
After some reading, getting data from a database "dynamically" is done through RPC:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ad-gwt3/
exploring the other options if needed (HttpRequest, RequestBuilder)

This would be rather helpful when i'm going to need it (and get past the quirks i had):
http://cst.mi.fu-berlin.de/teaching/WS0809/19623-Testen-von-Webanwendungen/Struts2GWT-Tutorial/struts2gwt-tutorial.html

Tudor Raneti
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
got an error near the end of the struts2-gwt tutorial:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet

Any thoughts? The tutorial sais not implementinng RemoteServiceServlet for server but make the struts 2 package extend "gwt-default" and use this action:

while not implementing an execute() method either on the POJO representing the action. Also it needs moving the compile GWT into WebContent and the ideea is running w/o the GWT embedded Tomcat server (as far the tutorial goes). I'm stuck with it there though.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic