• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cannot get eclipse to copy "groovy" files to build folder

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've updated to eclipse M3.5 and I have the groovy plugin installed

When I go to "Project Properties" I no longer have "groovy" option. Previously with groovy there was a section in project properties where I could turn off compiling.

I cannot for the life of me find this option with the new groovy plugin and the new eclipse. All I want is my groovy files (not the compiled code but the actual groovy files) to show up in my build output (build/classes/com/stuff/groovy)

It's driving me nuts, I've spent 4 hours on this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
You want to remove the filtering of Groovy files done by the builder.
In the Project Properties, go to Java Compiler -> Building and check the Enable Project Specific Settings checkbox.
Then go to Filtered Resources, below Output Folder and, in the text input field, remove the "*.groovy" entry (without quotes).
Best wishes!

Caden Whitaker
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey thanks for the reply!

When I go to that section there is only one item listed in "Filtered resources" and that is *.launch

There is no *.groovy listed there

Before this latest groovy release there just used to be a "groovy" section in project properties where I could disable groovy compiling entirely. Did they do away with that option? My entire project has been built around that functionality and now it is gone

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ivan Krizsan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
I checked this more closely, and you are right!
Despite having removed the groovy extension from the list of files to filter, the source files are not copied to the class directory.
It seems like the Groovy plugin introduces some custom behaviour of the builder, something I haven't seen before.
Do you use, or can you consider using, Maven? I know that it can be configured to copy resources to the output folder. I guess this may be an option if everything else fails.
Best wishes!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic