• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Questions about assignments

buckaroo
Postgres Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have oftentimes had questions about certain aspects of the CattleDrive assignments and have not asked them of the nitpickers because I want to be sensitive of their time; and yet in order to ask some of those questions would require snippets of code. For instance my first two submissions for SortNames was just trying discover approach to the problem; then two submissions of bona fide attempts and passing on the second.
This leaves me with a bit of a dilemma: how does one go about asking those questions in this forum without using code or pseudo-code that lets the cat out of the bag for others?
Thanks much

whippersnapper
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Crypticism.

Chicken Farmer ()
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
First, search for that assignment name (or any derivative of it) on the forum, you may find the answers without having to ask!
Second, be as vague and general as possible, and if we just don't have a clue as to what you are asking, we'll help you refine the question without spoiling too much

Donald R. Cossitt
buckaroo
Postgres Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

First, search for that assignment name (or any derivative of it) on the forum, you may find the answers without having to ask!

This has indeed proved to be most helpful, yet at times, bring up more questions; which was the case for me in SortNames and will, no doubt, in the future.
========
Have a safe Memorial weekend all - take time to be thankfull for those willing to sacrifice for what they believe - living or dead.

hired gun
MS IE Oracle Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You could also generalize your question and post it in another forum here at the ranch, such as java beginner, intermediate, advanced, servlets, etc.
I know for myself I scanned thru the servlet and scwcd forums when looking for the answer to the mystery file for Servlet-4a. Just didn't know what I was suppose to be looking for.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic