• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

debugging web application on weblogic from eclipse

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am having a web application comprising of java, jsp, servlets, ejb which runs on weblogic server.

I am using ECLIPSE IDE for development, enhancements and debugging.

When I compile the application, the EAR or WAR file in weblogic gets refreshed with the latest code and then I will restart the server and will access the application from the browser (localhost:7001) to see the changes.

Problem: Everytime I change a .java file, I have to recompile whole application. Stop the Server. Restart the Server. Access the application to feel the code changes.

I find it very annoying. Even a little change of one line in the code requires all the above steps if I want to see how that reflects on the application.

Is there any way in which I can see the changes in Java code reflected on the server without the need to compile whole application, stop server, restart server and then accessing it.

It will be a great help in debugging.

Please give detailed steps as I am a novice with Web Applications and still have a lot to learn.

Thanks in advance.

- Nikunj

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hello vicky,
whenever you make some changes in your web application, just save the changes and just redeploy your web application in the web logic server. i think that restarting of the server is not reqiured, just redeploying the web application is enough...!!! just try it.... i m not completely sure...
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic