• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

J2EE Server - main features

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Lovers J2EE I humbly ask you a help: What are the main features of a J2EE server? In terms of physical and system as well. I would (if one could) notions (simple ones) these points (or any other help also):
- Fundamentals, topology and characteristics typical of environments with high availability and scalability; concepts of clusters (load balancing, fail-over and replication of state) and techniques for tuning and troubleshooting. One more thing: what would configure HEAP for server?

See if anyone has anything it will be interesting (Google is not helping much). Maybe someone has already stated this type of documentation, or thought "in my business is + or - well, it will be very useful and good.

Well now thanks to all.

Ricardo

Bartender
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The JEE specification is the best resource for describing the services an application server must provide. You'll get the details from that document.

Beyond that, specifics of tuning and troubleshooting techniques are best described by the documentation of the specific application server you use (informed by the results of your own performance testing). There is no universal "set the heap to n and all will be well" rule.

Ricardo Marzano
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
OK but there is no parameter or setting that should be followed? Something in the configuration files for the J2EE performance is the best? And the heap? In truth I want to know is what it is and if it made a physical or logical configuration (system).

ThankĀ“s a lot.
Best regards.

Ricardo

Paul Sturrock
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

OK but there is no parameter or setting that should be followed? Something in the configuration files for the J2EE performance is the best?

No. Think about it: without knowing what your application does and how it is used how can you know what amount of memory it will need? What works for one server may bediferent on another.

And the heap? In truth I want to know is what it is and if it made a physical or logical configuration (system).

I'm not sure I really understand this question, but the "heap" is an area of memory allocated to the JVM to allow it to perform dynamic memory allocation. you define its size using JVM parameters and ultimately it is limited by the physical constraints of the memory available.

Ricardo Marzano
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, I wonder about HEAP as a proof that question was asked: In a J2EE server to 8 GB of memory, as a "heap" would set?

Yet even thank you.

Sincerely Ricardo

Paul Sturrock
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

In a J2EE server to 8 GB of memory, as a "heap" would set?

The only answer you can give to that is "it depends" followed by a long discussion of the parameters involved in performance testing and server configuration.

The government thinks you are too stupid to make your own lightbulb choices. But this tiny ad thinks you are smart:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic