• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

EJB Security: Not getting correct name in Principal

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I am trying out to implement security in EJB3, with stand alone client. Here is the code.

Client

LoginModule

CallbackHandler

Bean method

When I print "name" property of principal in bean, I am not getting the name I had set in the NameCallback. Is there any flaw in this implementation? I am having this doubt because I am not prompting for userName and password in callback handler. Instead I am directly passing userName and password in the constructor. Is this implementation legal? I have done this because, I want to integrate this in the servlet later. I am not using J2EE authentication in the web layer and I need to use EJB security.

Waiting for some help. Thanks in advance.

Vish Shukla
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I need to integrate authentication to EJB quickly. Can someone please explain how and when Principal is set before EJB method is called? I read in many of the books but didn't find appropriate explanation any where..

Please help...

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic