• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

cant deploy my application,please help

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hey guys
I have developed a web application by netbeans and when I run it it runs perfectly on the local netbeans glassfish server
but the problem is I could not deploy it on my web server
1st try:
I built it and uploaded the war file "HW6_Build3.war and went to tomcat admin page tried to make a new context and I got a message that the document base doesn`t exist or is not a readable directory
2nd try:
I tried unpacking the war file myself and copying it to the webapps folder but when I try to access the main page I get a 404
3rd try:
I copied the war file to the webapps folder and made a HW6_Build3.xml file ,that didn`t work either.

You might need these:
content of:
1-web.xml

2-faces-config.xml

What is wrong? , please help me the home work is due in two days and I am a good java programer but the stupidest man in the deployment stuff

One final thing:
I have deployed other applications before and they run perfectly but there is a difference which is they are only a couple of servlets but this one has some visual jsp pages that I made
by the visual jsp plug in for netbeans

Thank you

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

1st try:
I built it and uploaded the war file "HW6_Build3.war and went to tomcat admin page tried to make a new context and I got a message that the document base doesn`t exist or is not a readable directory
2nd try:
I tried unpacking the war file myself and copying it to the webapps folder but when I try to access the main page I get a 404
3rd try:
I copied the war file to the webapps folder and made a HW6_Build3.xml file ,that didn`t work either.

Make sure there aren't any errors in the log file (catalina.out).

I'm not sure how you uploaded, but if you use the installer in the Tomcat admin webapp, you can select and upload a WAR and supply a context name at the same time. They don't mention, however, that you need a "/" in the front of the context name.

If you install directly into TOMCAT_HOME/webapps (unpacked or otherwise), the context name will default to the name of the file/directory that you installed. In the case of an unexploded WAR, that excludes the ".war" part. It's case-sensitive, by the way.

You didn't include the HW6_Build3.xml file, so I don't know if it was defective. You should have installed it in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/.

But mostly you need to check the Tomcat logs. If the WAR itself is defective, it won't deploy. You don't get "half a WAR".

Khalid Al-Foaim
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the reply tim
anyway I have solved my problem by installing glass fish on my server
I dont know why Tomcat didn`t deploy my application
Thank you

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.