• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Saving a PDF from a URL in my Server.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Everyone,

I have created a web service client using Axis2. Within the response I get a PDF URL which the Web service has created on its own server. The Web service is developed by a third party.

My concern is how can I save that PDF on my servers. I need exact replica of the actual PDF because that PDF is mailed to every customer.

I know that there are lot of API's available to which I can pass the URL but Is there any other way through which I can achieve this using the Web Service technologies.

Thanks and Regards,
Akshat Thapliyal

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You can open a URLConnection and stream the data to your server. Is that what you want ?

If the URL sent by the web service is public and unprotected, then you can simply pass that URL to your clients. They can download it from there if they want to. Reliability of the third party server will be a matter for consideration of course.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic