• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Ajax app

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi everyone

i have built an ajax application where the master page will get the search result being displayed when the event on click is fired i;e when button which makes the XMLHttpRequest obj and the set of calls the takes care of displaying the result.

Now the problem is i am using the Display Tag Library in order to display the result, for which i am also performing sort and paging operations, the result is getting displayed in the same page when i click the button but when i am performing the sort/paging or any other operation on the received result it is loading a new page.

Can any one let me know how to perform even those operations display the result in the master page itself.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
As per my view, If you see the display tag functionality whenever you click on next it calls the action that you have configured in display tag. It is supposed to submit the page.

You can implement the pagination using simple table which will contain the buttons "next" on click of which you can use ajax to get the records for the next page. You will need to get the list records as per the page numbers.

I think this should solve your problem.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic