• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Error on changing server

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Hi
I have developed a web service from wsdl (my own generated wsdl from a schema) and deployed on Glassfish server. Now i changed the server i.e. Apache Tomcat and tried to deploy that web service but i found this error message
"E:\Programs\simple_ws\nbproject\jaxws-build.xml:11: taskdef class com.sun.tools.ws.ant.WsImport cannot be found"
Can anybody help me to resolve this error.

Best Wishes

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
First a question to establish that the basic prerequisite is fulfilled:
Have you installed Metro in the Tomcat server to which you try to deploy the service?
Best wishes!

somia razzaq
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ivan Krizsan wrote:Hi!
Have you installed Metro in the Tomcat server to which you try to deploy the service?
Best wishes!

Hi
I have not installed Metro in the Tomcat server. Can you tell me about a useful link which will help me to do this task. I am using Tomcat server 6.0.

Best Wishes and thanks

somia razzaq
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

somia razzaq wrote:

Ivan Krizsan wrote:Hi!
Best wishes!

Hi
I have not installed Metro in the Tomcat server. Can you tell me about a useful link which will help me to do this task. I am using Tomcat server 6.0.

Best Wishes and thanks

Hi
I tried to install Metro in Tomcat server by using the link "http://hydrogen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/wiki/index.php/Installing_JAX-WS_RI_on_Tomcat" but still i am facing the same error i.e. "E:\ws-programs\3rdaug-clientTakingObjReplyingString\Student\nbproject\jaxws-build.xml:11: taskdef class com.sun.tools.ws.ant.WsImport cannot be found". Please give me a suggestion to resolve this error.

Best Wishes

Ivan Krizsan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
Perhaps they are correct, but the instructions on the webpage you referred to differs from those given at the Metro webpage, concerning how to install Metro in Tomcat.
Here is the link to the Metro webpage that describes installation on Tomcat: https://metro.dev.java.net/2.0/
Additionally, which most likely is the cause of your problems, you must include the Metro libraries (in which the wsimport task is found) in the classpath used by your Ant script.
Best wishes!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic