• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Submit Form and Enter Key

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I'm seeing a problem when submitting a form that does not make any sense. I have a simple JSP which has a single input text field and 2 image buttons. When the user enters something into the text field and presses Enter, only the text field is submitted in the request as a parameter - no image button. However, if I add another input text field, then when the user enters something into the text field the text field and image button are both submitted in the request as parameters. So, why does having only 1 text input field cause the image button to not be submitted when the user presses the Enter key?

here is the form portion of the JSP:

using the above, I have the problem I described. but if I simply add another html:text tag like the one for distributorName, then it works fine.

thanks,
Tim

[ May 14, 2004: Message edited by: Tim Brizard ]
[ May 14, 2004: Message edited by: Tim Brizard ]

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Ya there seems to be a bug.
I have two ImageButtons and when i click enter, it goes back instead of going next?
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic