• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

"Advanced Topics"?

Author
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
What does the advanced topics chapter cover?

(I'm also wondering if the book covers dealing with existing custom classloaders, or if there are even any potential issues with that, but I don't want to keep starting new topics :)

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi David,

I'm sorry! I didn't see that your question was related to Spring DM...

Chapter 10, "Advanced concepts", deals with advanced concepts of Spring DM ;-) and shows how to adapt standard behaviours of the framework to your needs. Here is the list of these aspects:

- How to configure components through configuration fragments or with beans
- How to parameterize both standard and Web extenders of Spring DM
- How to configure embedded Web containers
- How Spring DM integrates with Java 2 security and the OSGi security model
- Description of advanced patterns (Implementation provider and chained class loader patterns)

Can you be more explicit on "existing custom classloaders"? As a matter of fact, as you probably know, OSGi has a specific class loader management...

Hope it answers your questions!
Thierry

David Newton
Author
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It does, thanks. I work on some apps that have their own classloaders and was wondering if they'd conflict with how OSGi does its classloading--haven't had time to look into it at all yet.

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

David Newton wrote:It does, thanks. I work on some apps that have their own classloaders and was wondering if they'd conflict with how OSGi does its classloading--haven't had time to look into it at all yet.

David, there would almost certainly be some interaction. How much pain you feel would probably be proportional to how OSGi conformant you want your application to be. Obviously you can do things like put things on the bootclasspath to subvert pretty much all of OSGi's classloading behaviour and not feel any pain at all - but if you want to reap the benefits of OGSi you might need to look more carefully at how the app doe classloading.

For context we (Oracle in the CEP product that I work on) use custom classloaders for certain behaviour inside our OSGi container and it works fine.

Did you just should on me? You should read this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic