• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Unable to register with Sun Certification Database, I7

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I took and passed the SCJP exam on 2/18/2010, yet I am still, as of 2/26/2010, unable to register in the Sun Certification Database (I7).

I can logon to Prometric's site and they show that I passed. When I go to register with the Sun Certification Database, I get the message, "We could not find a user meeting the specified criteria." Regardless of who I contact (Sun, Prometric or I7), I am told that it is not their problem but they will refer it to their manager. Yet, I hear nothing.

I wonder if it is related to purchasing the test directly from Prometric rather than purchasing a voucher through Sun.

What is the impact of not being registered in the Certification Database? Will I not be sent a certification kit? Will it look to potential employers that I am not certified?

Sheriff
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Did you enter the correct details when you registered in the Sun certification database. You have to fill a Registration Number and Site Number which is there on the score card that your prometric center should've given you after you took the test. Make sure you enter the correct information. If you still can't register, then contact Sun microsystem about this. You can find contact information here or simply send an email to whotocontact@sun.com ...

Jim Yeomans
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, I took the information directly from the Prometric Examination Score Report. I tripled and quadrupled checked the information for accuracy. I have tried to register every day, even multiple times per day (but I still get the same error message).

I sent e-mails to both who2contact@sun.com and suncert@prometric.com.

When I finally received a response from who2contact@sun.com, they had sent a note to suncert@prometric.com asking them to look into it and copied me on the reply.

I received one e-mail from suncert@prometric.com stating that in order for them to look into the problem, they would needed a list of information. I provided the list of information, but haven't received an e-mail from them since. They asked about a dozen questions, with half of them related to vouchers (where did you purchase, etc.). I purchased the test directly from Prometric, without ever using a voucher.

I had also gone to the Sun contact web page you mentioned in your link and called Sun. I reached Sun Training and they said, "we do just the training for the certification, not the certification and that I should contact suncert@prometric.com".

I had also called Prometric. Their take on it is, "we show that you passed, so it doesn't look like the problem is on our side" and that I should contact Sun. I told them that I had but the keeper of the certification database is actually an independent party Integral7 (I7). So I contacted I7 both by e-mail and phone. I received no response from I7 to either the e-mail or voice mail (I had got dumped into voice mail).

I need someone responsible for the certification program that can stand up and say, "if Prometric is saying that you passed, but you are unable to register, then we have a problem in the certification process and we need to get to the bottom of it".

Thanks for your suggestions. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else after they take their test.

Jim Yeomans
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
For those that have taken the SCJP SE6 exam, was I supposed to see my score on the screen and was I supposed to get a post exam survey?

When I took my test, I did not see my score on the screen, I learned how I did from the printed report.

I was still reviewing questions when the time ran out. The computer seemed to freeze, but I presumed it was grading the test. I did NOT get a score displayed to screen. Eventually I got a screen with basically two options "Reprint Report" and "Finish". I did not know the first one printed, but to be on the safe side I said to Reprint, then I said Finish. The screen appeared to go to the startup screen that the other unused stations in the room had displayed. So I think, "I guess that is it" and walk out of the quiet portion of the exam room. The person proctoring the exam said that two score reports printed, they could only sign and seal one, but that I could have the other as a copy. I say fine, then asked, "how did I do?" They said, you passed and gave me my report and it shows up correctly on Prometric's website.

Following the exam itself, was there a post exam survey that I was supposed to take? If there was then I was not prompted for it.

Jim Yeomans
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey, there has been progress.

Shortly after posting the previous reply, I received an e-mail from who2contact@sun.com. They gave me a temporary user-id and a procedure for getting logged-in. I followed the procedure and was able to login, so that is real progress (thank you who2contact!). The only thing is, after completing the procedure, the credential portion is missing (so I have a user-id, but no credentials). Anyway, the e-mail from who2contact@sun.com indicated that if anything was not right after following the procedure to contact them, so that is what I have done.

Jim Yeomans
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This issue is resolved, as of March 18.

Sun Certification Support verified the results with Prometric and processed the certification manually. They said to allow up to four more weeks for delivery of the welcome kit. I can now login to the I7 database and view my certification, so I am satisfied. Thank You Sun Certification Support for your help.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jim,

Have you fixed this problem? If yes how? I'm facing the same problem.

Thank you,
Diana

Jim Yeomans
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, it did get resolved back in March. It took about a month. I went through "who2contact@sun.com".

I am not sure who you would contact since Oracle has taken over.

I wish you the best at getting your situation resolved.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic