• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Assignment Download

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've purchased the voucher a week ago but don't have the right yet to download. I have access to the site, and I've sent emails to all parties involved.
What should I do next?

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Walid,

Welcome to the JavaRanch!

I would contact the sun educational services of your country (where you bought the voucher) and complain that you bought (and paid) the voucher, but still can't download the assignment.

Kind regards,
Roel

Walid Abd Elsalam
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Called them and apparently it takes about 2 weeks now to download the assignment.
(Canada)

Thanks.

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Walid,

Interesting information, because seems a lot of people are struggling to get a response when contacting them through the email address (to get permissions to upload for example). Maybe one of the consequences of acquisition by Oracle and some reorganisations.

Good luck with your assignment!
Kind regards,
Roel

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It appears this take over with Oracle is causing some real issues with getting any response from Sun.

But really $500 to do a certification and having to wait 2 weeks to get access, they have to be joking. For that amount of money they should have the head of Sun come and hand deliver the assignment to you!

The more exposure I have with Sun and these certifications the less respect I have for them. I have had nothing but dramas with ever one of these certifications. From dealing with Prometric, the testing centers and now Sun. To me 2 weeks it just not acceptable for the amount you are paying. I would make sure they knew that I in rather plain expletive language.

Walid Abd Elsalam
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jeffrey Williams wrote:It appears this take over with Oracle is causing some real issues with getting any response from Sun.

But really $500 to do a certification and having to wait 2 weeks to get access, they have to be joking. For that amount of money they should have the head of Sun come and hand deliver the assignment to you!

The more exposure I have with Sun and these certifications the less respect I have for them. I have had nothing but dramas with ever one of these certifications. From dealing with Prometric, the testing centers and now Sun. To me 2 weeks it just not acceptable for the amount you are paying. I would make sure they knew that I in rather plain expletive language.

Oh Yah, well get this. I just called them again and now they're saying it could take up to 4 weeks to get the assignment !!!
Is anyone from sun looking at these forums?
The rep on the phone can't even check where my request is in the queue. I paid $400 10 days ago and had a plan in mind and now they're going to be sitting on my money for a month!!!
Unheard of, that's all I have to say. Not even an email of apology. I have to call them myself every time.
Makes you wonder if these certifications are taken seriously at all ...

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Walid Abd Elsalam wrote:Is anyone from sun looking at these forums?

As far as I know Sun isn't watching this forum (or any of the certification forums).

Walid Abd Elsalam wrote:now they're saying it could take up to 4 weeks to get the assignment

That's outrageous and a big for Sun/Oracle

Kind regards,
Roel

Jeffrey Williams
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sorry to hear it, I am having the same problem with getting my assignment uploaded. They are saying at least another week before they look at the request.

They have already screwed it up once, so I don't have high expectations of them getting it fixed up any time soon.

Not very impressed, these people are also responsible for marking my exam. That thought is even scarrier now.

Walid Abd Elsalam
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Just an update.
Got an email today with the assignment as attachment.
I'm also asked to send it as an attachment once done.
Makes you wonder whether they are planning on cancelling this certification soon??

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Walid Abd Elsalam wrote:Makes you wonder whether they are planning on cancelling this certification soon??

According to the Sun Transition FAQ certifications will keep existing, but will be modified to the Oracle Certification's model.

Kind regards,
Roel

Tongue wrestling. It's not what you think. And here, take this tiny ad. You'll need it.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic