• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

controlling another mobile from one mobile using bluetooth

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
can anyone give me a rough idea how this is possible ? is it possible to display the image of one mobile on another mobile using java..? means the screen snapshots can be visilbe on antoher mobile using bluetooth...please explain it to me

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well, you can "beam" images from one mobile using Bluetooth. If both devices support OBEX (which stands for OBject EXchange), it's fairly simple. Otherwise you may have to do a little coding of your own.

The main thing is that the 2 devices have to be paired so that the receiver will accept input from the sender. This is normally limited because if you thought PCs had security problems, think of what the consequences of walking through a crowded airport with an open receiver would be!

Ankur Jain Kothari
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
what is beaming? i guess all the nokia phones support OBEX...can you give me a small link which help me with this? anything would be great

Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ankur Jain Kothari wrote:what is beaming? i guess all the nokia phones support OBEX...can you give me a small link which help me with this? anything would be great

Beaming is just sending an object such as an address book entry from one device to another. I think the original beam was an infrared light beam on Palm devices.

On object, here's a small link: http://www.google.com .

I think there's a Java JSR for OBEX, but I'm not positive, since OBEX is a protocol and not just for Java.

Unfortunately, the Android phones don't support OBEX yet. Android's Bluetooth stack is pretty weak.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic