• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Eclipse + Tomcat 6.0 + Jsf 1.2 Problem

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I'm developing a web application using Eclipse Galileo IDE, Tomcat v6.0 and Mojarra JSF 1.2. I followed a tutorial suggested here (http://balusc.blogspot.com/2008/01/jsf-tutorial-with-eclipse-and-tomcat.html) and everything worked just fine. Then, I added richfaces support and everything went great. But when I tried to start Tomcat this morning, I got the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener

Full stack trace:

My classpath includes the following:

Charts and JDBC jars
jfreechart-1.0.13.jar
ibatis-2.3.4.726.jar
jtds-1.2.5.jar

JSF and Richfaces
jcommon-1.0.16.jar
commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-collections-3.2.jar
commons-digester-1.8.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
jhighlight-1.0.jar
richfaces-api-3.3.2.SR1.jar
richfaces-impl-3.3.2.SR1.jar
richfaces-ui-3.3.2.SR1.jar

Besides Tomcat v6.0 and Mojarra JSF1.2 (jsf.api.jar and jsf-impl.jar). I double checked for references to another implementation of jsf but couldn't find any. My web.xml looks like this:

Again, yesterday everything was working fine. I didn't change anything in the project, just rebooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Piva

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The RichFaces documentation (for want of a better word) has, in the past, failed to mention all the required .jars (to be fair, the documentation has improved dramatically in the last year). I looked at my applications and noticed that you hadn't included jstl-1.0.jar, which mine do. That's the only thing obvious, and it may not be the problem, but give that a try.

I use JBoss as my target application server...it's possible that there is something RichFaces needs that exists in my server runtime, but as far as the included .jars, that's the only one you don't seem to have.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You need el-ri.jar, and, if I remember correctly the mojarra jars too. Also jars for your view technology (jsp, facelets?);

Lucas Piva
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the replies. I already included jstl-1.2.jar in Tomcat lib directory. Also, Tomcat seems to come with el-api.jar and jsp-api.jar by default. The mojarra jars (jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar) are already in the classpath.

I was able to ' solve' the problem by starting from scratch and adding the jars one by one incrementally. In the end, the project looks identical to the way it was in the beggining, but now I can deploy and run it. If I restart my computer, I get the same error again though.

Any ideas?

Nick Potter
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You need the el-ri.jar you have only the contract in el-api, you also need the implementation.

Also, try to remove this:

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic