• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need your help on tiles urgently ~~

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi, good day to all ,

my problem is on tiles :

index.jsp :

layout.jsp :

navbar.jsp :

**in order to post here, so i do some cut on html tag like body, html to avoid posting problem

problem description :
i have navbar.jsp which is navigation menu and contains several link , my question is how to let user click the link and it change my contents or body page ? thank you very much for helping !

pie sneak
Mac VI Editor Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You'll need another page similar to index that has a different body page.

Tiles do not work like frames. Frames can change just one portion of the screen without affecting everything else because the browser receives it as multiple pages. Tiles get slapped together into one happy page for the browser. So to update one tile, you need to update them all. So you'll need to create a new page.

Alvin chew
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Marc, you means if i click a link, i have to use action to forward to nother index page ? if this is the case, how the page been replace ? using target ? can you provide more details how it should work ? thank you very much for answering !

Marc Peabody
pie sneak
Mac VI Editor Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I suppose that is one way of doing it. If the actions don't do anything but act as a link, this might not be the best route. I've used it in a couple places before with SuccessAction, but if your site is not an application that relies on posting forms, then throwing Actions around is probably a waste.

I'm not well versed in using tiles for a site that isn't Struts-centric, but here's my best guess.

Let's assume you want to link to a Contact Us page. All you have to do is make a page similar to index.jsp

contactus.jsp

And then of course you need a contactus-body.jsp

Alvin chew
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi, marc, thanks for given me idea , i found two way to figure it out , the first one is easy, just make the link to another index.jsp with tiles(as it not work as frame) , this is straight forward. Another way, as you suggest by using action to call another index.jsp, this work as well .. thank you anyway !

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic