• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

assignment to set up a graphic studio

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
good day all,
please i have an assignment to set up a graphic design studio but I am not familiar with networking.I would be most grateful if anyone could help me with suggestions,the question is below:
Scenario:
Anglia Graphics ran a successful graphic design studio but unfortunately suffered from a devastating fire on their premises.This destroyed all their IT equipment.They have a payout
from the insurance company which means they have £16,000 to replace the equipment.
The company need to acquire 15PCs, two printers, a scanner, and some network storage.They will also need a network connection and devices.The company do poster and web
design work which includes 2D flash animations.
The two printers need to cope with A3 with one being high quality color output and the second does not need to be such high quality but must be able to produce fast black and white
output, the A3 color for the second is backup in case of problems with the first.An A3 high-resolution color scanner is required.They need a network connection to give them access to
the web and to enable them to upload large media files to remote web servers for themselves and their clients(the cost of the internet connection does not come out of the
£16,000).The network storage will hold their client work so must be very reliable.The company has decided that it will be necessary to have Tera-bytes of network storage to see them
through the next five years.Good business warranties will be required on all equipment.The finance Director thinks that it may be cost effective to build the computers from component
parts so would like a costing for building and exact equivalent of the ready-built computers.

Task:
Write a report for the board of AG of no more than 1500 words that contains the following information:
a. Recommendation for purchase of 15 ready-built PCs suitable for AG's use with justification.
b. An annotated list of components required to build an equivalent PC to the one recommended in (a).
c. Comparison of (a) and (b) above including relative costs and benefits.
d. Recommendation for suitable network file storage with justification and cost.
e. Recommendation for suitable printers and scanner with justification and cost.
f. Suggestions as to appropriate internet access.
g. Suggestions as to other components required to set up a local area network to enable 16 computers to communicate with the files storage and printers.

The justification in (a), (d) & (e) should explain why you have chosen a particular specification not why the particular component is required.e.g why did you choose a particular
processor specification not why it is necessary to have a processor).
The annotation in (b) should demonstrate how closely you have been able to match the components in the ready-built PC.

Use an appendix to provide evidence of the source of your information.

please i would be most grateful if anyone could help me out with ideas on how best to do the networking and what type of network storage to use than you all

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Spring VI Editor Java Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Chinedu,

What, specifically, is your question? The assignment seems pretty straightforward, and it would seem like if you paid attention in class and could do a little of your own research you could handle this.

Folks at JavaRanch are pretty nice, but they won't do your homework for you.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic