• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need help on the type of server..

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Is there a difference if i use the "ALL" server instead of "DEFAULT"?

Also, in the book "JBoss In Action" page 25, on how to set the classpath, i keep getting the error when I type the 1st line of command in the command prompt.
javac:-d requires an argument

Does it mean that my servlet-api.jar is not there? If it does mean that, I do have the servlet-api.jar file in the folder. Or maybe because I did the wrong way of placing the file there. Because in the 1st place my .jar was not there and how i got it was to download it from some website and just cut and paste it into that folder. Is this wrong?

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The 'all' configuration includes clustering support, while the 'default' config does not. Other than that, they include all of the same services. Thus 'all' == 'default' + clustering. This is covered in JBoss in Action, page 17, table 1.3.

Regarding page 25, please note that the 2 lines of the command should be typed on a single line. (The error you are getting is that '-d' requires a parameter, and in the book the -d and its parameter, "helloapp.war/WEB-INF/classes src/com/manning/jbia/intro/*" are split between two lines). The funny arrow in front of the second line is a continuation character (see page xxv in the intro)

Hug your destiny! And hug this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic