• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Interesting Chapter(Chapter-13) of the BOOK

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am currently working(in the real project) on the topic that is in chapter-13(Exposing an Existing Application As a Portlet)...
Actually the project does not use Portlet API from Sun. Instead it uses the PAF(Portal Application Framework) of ATG Dynamo Server...

Jeff and David, could you overview about the contents in the chapter-13 so that I can see how I can adapt the topic in the book to the real project that I am currently working on... I have also heard that exposing existing applications into a portal is a big deal for the portal developers... Could you comment on that too? Thanks...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I guess it might due to the limited functionality for current portal APIs from SUN.

We are also tried to make our portal applications to be JSR 168 and 170 compliant, however, if we do so, most of the features will be gone.

Nick

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic