• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Scrollable Table: Setting the horizontal scroll position

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All
I have a scrollable table wherein the first two columns are stationary and other columns(3 onwards) are scrollable. When I tab out from the second column, the control goes to the 3rd column which is as expected, however, the horizontal scroll bar of the table adjusts itself such that column 8 is visible. The focus though remains on the 3rd column itself. Users get a feeling as if focus in on the 8th column instead of 3rd.
I want the 3rd column to be visible, so was thinking on the lines of using the "onfocus" event on 3rd column to adjust the scroll bar. However, stuck on getting hold of the horizontal scroll bar of the table(and not that of the page). Any other approach, if feasible, is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards
Jhakda

Jhakda Velu
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All
I think i cannot find the horizontal scroll position of the scrollable table itself. Any clue?

Warm regards
Jhakda
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic