• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

mobile display information

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi!!

When we see the interface of our mobile, it shows our location. I want to know where that information is stored or buffered in mobile.
Like i am in IIT and my mobile has airtel connection. So, it'll catch the signal from nearest tower and display the name of location on my mobile.
I want to retrieve that location. How to do it?
Any information would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
There is a specific JSR that defines Location Services, but I can remember its number. Not all devices support this JSR, although most recent Nokia phones do. You'll need to check the phone specs.

Location Services allows the phone to be set up with one or more Location Service providers. You then make a request for a provider based on whatever criteria you're interested in (lower power usage, more precise position, and so forth). The Location Services Manager determines the "best fit" and supplies you with a link to that provider that you can then query using the Location Services API to obtain your position.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic