• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

My First Java mobile App

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am a novice to the Mobile Section for Java , I have downloaded Eclipse Pulsar for Java Mobile . I want to develop the some Mobile Apps for my Nokia E 72 mobiles or some others. I am a beginner , please guide me on how to start on this ..
Thanks.

I have been always thankful to this Forum , as I this is the Great Forum.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Rohit,

I don't have any idea about "Eclipse Pulsar". I started my learning with Netbeans 6.1. In it you can create a new mobile application project. To start with you can create a hello world midlet while creating a project. Run the project , mobile simulator will get open where you will see output. Feel working of it. Then from right hand side GUI , to same hello midlet you can add different GUI components.

Build this project, in dist folder of netbeans , you will get a jar file. Transfer it to your mobile and install it, run it. that's it.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic