• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

jax ws implementation/ saaj

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I need to know the following: is Dispatch<T>.invoke() method or invokeAsync(T msg) using SAAJ underneath for the connection and the marshal/demarshalling of the message?
In general what is the relation of jax ws with SAAJ?
Finally, where is the source code for jax ws? I could not find it (except for interface defintions I could not find concrete implementations)

Thanks

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I don't know much about this, but here is some information I dug up.

- I can view the Axis2 source code here. You can use it to browse the code, find the code for Axis2's JAX-WS implementation and see that Axis2 uses Axiom to implement saaj, as also the code for invoke. Looks like you would need SVN to get and build it - its best to ask the Axis2 user group if this is what you want.
- Per this 2006 article on relation of JAX-WS to SAAJ: "JAX-RPC handlers rely on SAAJ 1.2. JAX-WS handlers rely on the new SAAJ 1.3 specification." So it looks like the handlers used to rely on SAAJ. However, the dependency on SAAJ varies with the provider. For example, the JAX-WS RI apparently does not depend on SAAJ anymore per this post from 2007. And from the 2 or 3 source files I checked at the above source code link, it looks like Axis2 does not use its saaj implementation (which itself uses Axiom) for the JAX-WS piece.

Some of the above may be incorrect. So please correct me if I am wrong.

HTH.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic