• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

ice:panelSeries Refresh problem

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I have the following problem. I am using an icefaces ice:panelSeries tag in order to display a file system structure in a web page. I use two nested panelSeries to build a five column grid table. the dynamics should be that upon directory selection, the page navigates inside the selected folder and displays the file structure. The problem is that when doing so, the page doesn't update properly, combining elements (folders and files) from the previous and the new path. You may think this is due to an update problem in the backingbean lists that hold the elements, but it is not, then as soon as I refresh the page, the problem solves. Therefore I am wondering if the problem is due to an update problem but instead of bound to the dynamics of my backing bean, bound to the variables the panelSeries deals with, i.e. 'value' and 'var'. Currently I am trying to find a method within the panelSeries component (through a binding in my backing bean) that refreshes the state of the component, but so far haven't been lucky.

Has anybody had any similar problems? Any clue how could I solve this issue?

Many thanks!

Carlos Conti.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Carlos Conti wrote:Hi all,
I have the following problem. I am using an icefaces ice:panelSeries tag in order to display a file system structure in a web page. I use two nested panelSeries to build a five column grid table. the dynamics should be that upon directory selection, the page navigates inside the selected folder and displays the file structure. The problem is that when doing so, the page doesn't update properly, combining elements (folders and files) from the previous and the new path. You may think this is due to an update problem in the backingbean lists that hold the elements, but it is not, then as soon as I refresh the page, the problem solves. Therefore I am wondering if the problem is due to an update problem but instead of bound to the dynamics of my backing bean, bound to the variables the panelSeries deals with, i.e. 'value' and 'var'. Currently I am trying to find a method within the panelSeries component (through a binding in my backing bean) that refreshes the state of the component, but so far haven't been lucky.

Has anybody had any similar problems? Any clue how could I solve this issue?

Many thanks!

Carlos Conti.

I struggled with this same thing for a long time. We're using an ice:dataTable with a nested ice:panelSeries. This seems to be a known issue with JSF from what I can tell. The two links below helped me, but basically what I did was after modifying the underlying collection in my backing bean I just do a

http://j2eedevnotes.blogspot.com/2009/06/nested-jsf-datatable-refresh-issue-and.html
http://jira.icefaces.org/browse/ICE-2297

Carlos Conti
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well,in fact i implemented it with dataTables.It works as a provisional solution.But certainly we will have to refine it in the future.Seems that dataTables don't have this caaching problem,and update properly the child components.so somewhen we will give a run to your suggestion.many thanks for your reply.rtegards,C
arlos Conti.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic