• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Multiple choice SCJP exam?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
In main SCJP exam, if nothing is mentioned about how many answers we have to choose, then we should choose only one answer OR still there can be more than one answers?

Sheriff
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Every question will mention how many options to select. If one is to be selected, the question will mention it. Questions with only one correct answer has radio buttons so you can choose only one. Questions with more than one correct answer has checkboxes...

Gari Jain
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank You

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
what if nothing is mentioned....and also can we go back and see the unanswered questions....or change the answers of the previously answered questions...

Ankit Garg
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

what if nothing is mentioned

That won't happen. You will be given how many answers to select in all the questions. You can review and change your answers. You can also mark questions about which you are not completely sure so that you can later review those marked questions easily...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The number of answers to choose will be mentioned, you can hit Previous to check the answers with an exception of task(drag & drop) questions, if you mark them and try to go back it will alert you that your answer will be lost.

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Let me clarify the drag and drop issue.

As far as I know, you should write down which questions are drag and drop, because if you go to review a drag and drop question you've already completed the exam engine might erase your previous answer!!! I don't believe you'll get a warning, I think it's just a horrible bug.

You can review your multiple choice answers all you want

Also, if a multiple choice question has more than one correct answer, it will always say "Choose two" or "Choose three" - whatever number applies. If the question has only one correct answer it does NOT say "choose one".

Also, also, if a question has more than one correct answer, there is no partial credit. You must get ALL the correct answer correct to get any credit for that question.

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Tomcat Server Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Bert Bates wrote:Let me clarify the drag and drop issue.

As far as I know, you should write down which questions are drag and drop, because if you go to review a drag and drop question you've already completed the exam engine might erase your previous answer!!! I don't believe you'll get a warning, I think it's just a horrible bug.

This hasn't been resolved yet?

The book has been written for two years now,this should've been solved ages ago!

Bert Bates
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Of course our book isn't affiliated with Sun or Prometric.

So I totally agree that this horrible bug should have been fixed years ago, but I can't make either Sun or Prometric fix it

The best I can do is try to stay current with what's true and keep you all posted with the best info I have. Believe me I feel your pain on this drag and drop issue.

hth,

Bert

Mahmoud Hossam
Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Tomcat Server Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
wow,that's just super

Anyway,thanks Bert for the info

Gari Jain
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Bert Bates wrote:Let me clarify the drag and drop issue.

You can review your multiple choice answers all you want

This is about the real SCJP exam?
Drag and Drop answers will get erased if I tried reviewing them?

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am also interested in this matter. Is this bug still valid, and do we need to write down all our answers to D&D questions on the whiteboard?

Can anyone - who recently passed the SCJP - confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

Ankit Garg
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes the Drag and Drop questions do get reset. Basically when you reach a drag and drop question, there is a "Task" button which when you press you get the actual question. I didn't know that they get reset just by reviewing the question without pressing the "Task" button. When you press the "Task" button you get a warning that the question will be reset, but not when you reach the question. When I gave the exam I did all the drag and drop questions again while reviewing all the questions so I'm not sure if they get reset without pressing the "Task" button...

Gari Jain
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
So the only solution we are left with is writing down the answer for all the D&D questions?

Bert Bates
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Everything I'm about to say I'm *pretty* sure of, like I'd bet $100, but none of it is stuff I'd bet my life on...

I believe that at some or all of the prometric centers, you will encounter this bug if you try to review a D&D question. Now, since they give you a lot of time, you could do your own experiment. The first time you encounter a D&D, you could put in a quick answer, it doesn't have to be correct, and then go back and review it, and see what happens. Maybe at your test center this bug won't exist, who knows?

To me, this gets back to calling the center before-hand to see if they give you real pencils and paper. If they give you a horrible dry erase board you won't have enough space to write down all your D&D answers.

Gari Jain
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
ThankYou Sir

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I also experienced this issue with drag and drop questions and reattempted most of the questions. Also the dry-erase board is not very useful and the black pen drys up pretty soon. I asked for a replacement 2 times. A pencil or a chalk and slate might have been better

Ranch Hand
MyEclipse IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
can any one tell me about the no of drag n drop questions(approx) they ask in scjp6?

Dinesh Subramoni
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think there were about 15, but not very sure. So it would be about 25% of the 60 questions. I remember especially in the start there were quite a few of them clubbed together and it might take a little time getting used to those type of questions. Cause once you click on an 'Exhibit' and after completing it and click next, you will see another 'Exhibit' and you wonder if it is the same question!
Plan on keeping at least 45 minutes for reviewing.

Gari Jain
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think there were less than 10.
try ExamLab and you will get used to the drag and drop questions even before the actual exam and when you have completed a drag and drop question, look at the question number and then press next. In that way you will not be confused if the question you have got now is the one you just attempted or if it is a new question.

Sumit Khurana
Ranch Hand
MyEclipse IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thank you dinesh.
and special thanks to you(Garima) for telling me about examlab simulator.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic