• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Determing parameters of a service

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
How we can automatically determine the parameters of a web service.I have seen many websites which say we can do this by WSDL document and this is true also.But my question is how can i determine or a code that automatically interacts with a web service would determine the parameters to be passed.Please suggest how to do this in Java.

Greenhorn
MyEclipse IDE Hibernate Postgres Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Yogendra,

"automatically determining the parameters of a web service" in my opinion this means that when you are writing the client side code for an already published web service, you can generate client side artifacts automatically using some web service discovery tools. These tools allow you to directly write client side code (in programming language that you have selected) without dealing with XML parsing compression etc.

"Given the URL to a discovery document residing on a Web server, a developer of a client application can learn that a Web service exists, what its capabilities are, and how to properly interact with it. This process is known as Web service discovery." copied from here .

Identification of parameters of a web service at "run time" I don't know if that makes any sense or it is desirable.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,
Tarun Gupta

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic