• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

whats the best choise of design pattern ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Im beginning on a new project next week, where i must make a system of realy many classes of buisness logic.....

This must be deployed as a jar file, to many diffrent sysstems, no web services here, becouse of the milions of calls every week.

The systems "clients" that calls this buisniss logic, have 15 difrent methoeds they can call, and get some obects returned.

I think off using Facade Pattern, is this the right choise ?

Any good ideas out there

Frank

Author
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
A façade over what? In other words, what are you trying to simplify/normalize/etc. access to?

So far it doesn't sound like you need a pattern, you just need base functionality.

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Frank Jacobsen wrote:Im beginning on a new project next week, where i must make a system of realy many classes of buisness logic.....

This must be deployed as a jar file, to many diffrent sysstems, no web services here, becouse of the milions of calls every week.

The systems "clients" that calls this buisniss logic, have 15 difrent methoeds they can call, and get some obects returned.

I think off using Facade Pattern, is this the right choise ?

Any good ideas out there

Frank

I understand you, although you haven't explained very well. You want to expose only 15 methods to clients from a bunch of classes. Well, if those methods are very
different among them, or have a different business logic, there has no sense to make a common class that group them, on the other hand, you must make several Client classes that act as Facade. If methods are for same business logic, then make a Facade class to group them.

Never trust an airline that limits their passengers to one carry on iguana. Put this tiny ad in your shoe:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic