• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Hiding button

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,

Let me explain the issue.

I've a search results page, from where I can select an entry and view/edit them using the VIEW button. Also, I've a CREATE button for creating a new entry. Both these point to the create page, while in the former action, the page is pre-populated with existing data.

The problem is that I've a CLONE button inside the create page, which I'll be using for view/edit. So, I want to hide it when I reach this page after hitting the CREATE button. Help me please.

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Than hide it.

Set the display to none.

Eric

Sailesh Ganeshan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks eric !

But I know that, what I wanted to know is to set some kind of flag so that its possible to find out whether the page is viewed after clicking Create button, or the View/Edit button. I thought of handling it in the page level, rather than going into the class level. Thanks for your reply.

Eric Pascarello
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Sailesh Ganeshan wrote:thanks eric !

But I know that, what I wanted to know is to set some kind of flag so that its possible to find out whether the page is viewed after clicking Create button, or the View/Edit button. I thought of handling it in the page level, rather than going into the class level. Thanks for your reply.

Why would you be using JavaScript to hide this button when your backend should be responsible for it? Is the page not posting back to the server?

Eric

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic