• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

confusion of thought

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ranchers,
How are you? Hope that everything is 'OK'...

Nowadays my thoughts are in confusion... For this reason, I decided to share with you some things:
"One of my friends said me that put aside the java and go by oracle as dba! Oracle more prestige and easy to learn! Just because work opportunities and wage is high."

By the way, i know that they are different things. Suddenly such a thought struck me that if i couldn't get a great achievement in the java till my 28 age, then, is it might not be late for to go?
And if programming is a kind of trade nowadays, then, you will be able to go with the other sort of trade (such as furniture, etc.) for earning more money...
Maybe my conception is wrong. What is the end of the programmer? Share your valuable opinions please...

Thanks in advance,
Rizvan

Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rizvan Asgarov wrote:"One of my friends said me that put aside the java and go by oracle as dba! Oracle more prestige and easy to learn! Just because work opportunities and wage is high."

Java is also from Oracle nowadays. Does an Oracle DBA have more prestige than a Java programmer? I've never noticed that, and even if it is true, it would be a bad criterion to choose a job on.

It is better to do work that you like than to do a job that you don't like, and you're just doing it for more prestige or more money. If you don't like the job, you are not going to do your job well and it will not make you happy - regardless of how much it pays.

Sheriff
Mac Safari Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Oh, to be young again.

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jesper de Jong wrote: It is better to do work that you like than to do a job that you don't like...

Yes, i'm agree...

and it will not make you happy

That's true Jesper, because i'm in this condition right now... At first i was using java in the work. Also i had used struts in my first project. But now, only in the oracle... Because my department was changed. Yes we need to database for developing applications as a programmer, i really like java, i want to be a good java developer, it means i need to change my state again... By the way, i'm very tired these days.

Thanks,

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Get good in java and you get all respect and money it is possible! =D

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rizvan Asgarov wrote:By the way, i'm very tired these days.

If I remember right, you have a baby in your household, don't you? That can be very tiring... I speak from personal experience.

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Hebert Coelho wrote: Get good in java and you get all respect and money it is possible!

It is possible! So i will do my best for to do it...

Paul Clapham wrote: If I remember right, you have a baby in your household, don't you? That can be very tiring... I speak from personal experience.

Yes, you are right! You have a good memory. But Paul, believe me - my tiredness goes out when returned home and saw the baby. Also i like playing with him... And she often wakes up at nights and despite of it my wife helps him just in time...
But my tiredness is a psychological tiredness in my mind. Therefore, i wait impatiently for new year vacation for to go somewhere for rest...

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic