• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Query on location of global access

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am new to web programming and struts. I have tried a few struts examples and can create a struts Action, ActionForm implementations.

I am writing a e-mail application. When the user successfully logs-in I create a collection of e-mail objects on the server (one object represents one email). I can place this collection of e-mail objects in the session, return the request and have the emails rendered on the view. But when there are say some 50,000 e-mails, I have to create an collection object of 50,000 elements and send it to the client. Since this is not advisable, I intend maintaining this large e-mail collection object on the server and passing only one page of this huge collection to the client in the session.

My question now is: Where do I maintain the huge e-mail collection object on the server between the user requests?

I understand that this approach of maintaining each users�s e-mail list on the server is not a good idea. But have decided to go with this approach for the time being.

TIA,
Babu

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic