• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Jumping past phases 2, 3, 4, and 5?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
This is a followup to this problem

https://coderanch.com/t/522108/JSF/java/commandButton-action-not-working

The problem occurs only in IE and not in Firefox. Here is my very simplified code

The redirect bean is pretty basic and a print statement in the redirect bean indicates that it is never reached.
It returns a string ONDList which is then used to navigate to ONDList.xhtml.

I set up a phase listener to compare what happens when it works (Firefox) and when it doesn't (IE), but I don't understand what this means or how to begin fixing it.

Here is the phaselistener output from Firefox. The redirectBean prints a string "REDIRECTING to ONDList" which you see after the first set of phases completes and the lifecycle for the redirect begins. So here it is, the working one:

Now here is the phase listener output for when I do the same operation in IE. It's missing phases 2, 3, 4, and 5 and of course does not redirect. What does this mean? Can I use this info to help me solve my problem? JBoss tech support is unable to reproduce the problem. :-(

I'm running out of ideas! Well, I ran out of ideas already. Help?

Tanya

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic