• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Trying to copy xml files to end directory during hudson maven build

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm using hudson to run my pom file but i need some xml files to be copied to a certain directory during build to make the war work properly. The xml files are spring config files that are located in my service/data layer projects. When i try to run the pom file locally through MyEclipse everything is copied and the war file runs perfectly. The hudson war file works fine if i add the config files manually to the war then deploy it, so thats the only missing items.
here is a snippet of my pom file where im trying to copy the files:

and here is a little of the console output from hudson:

so it looks like the ant script is just skipped completely.
i know its best practice to put the copy in different build.xml files within the service/data layer projects, and that was how i was originally doing it. but the snippet of pom.xml code is pretty much everything thats in those ant scripts.

Is there some sort of setting i need to configure in hudson to make this work correctly. Or do i need to set the copy directory to somewhere else so hudson will grab the new files.

Thanks!

brannan nu
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
So it looks like the output changes a little when i change the plugin reference to

and i get this in the hudson console "mojoStarted org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.6(default)"
followed by some ant echo's. So it looks like this worked, but only for ONE of my modules.

When the antrun plugin is run for my other modules i get this:

So for some reason it looks like the antrun version is changing back to 1.3 after the first module. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening.
My guess is that if i get all modules to run on 1.6 then my issue should be completely resolved.

Thanks!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic