• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

general Come back buttom

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everybody, I thinking about the idea of make a general Come back buttom for my web application. I work now with Struts2, and think perhaps in a Interceptor that, for any request, insert in session an object with the name of the class action - method in a java.util.Stack, and the parameters of the request. After, a global action "come_back" (call from a general buttom in a tiles - footer, visible in any page of the web application) that read of this Stack and "know" where must to go and the parameters requiered(too in the object of the Stack).

Anybody made something like that, or know where can I read about this problem?

Thanks a lot

Ranch Hand
Mac IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I dont know of anything in struts2 that will do this out of the box, but you can probably solve this with an intercepting filter. Also if you look at Struts2 in Action book in section 12.4 they have a breadcrumb example that you can probably use as well.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic