• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Does making a plain old servlet violate the use of struts?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Technically, of course this is possible... I only need to populate a drop-down menu. But as I was suggested... Do the query in the controller , avoid the use of jstl sql tags.... In short... I'm trying to follow the mvc model 2(or is that jsp model). I need to serve a page that would enable the user to create another user(adduser.jsp)... This actually means that he would be coming from another jsp page (let's say main.jsp). In adduser.jsp I need to populate a select tag, so my solution was... Create an extension of HttpSevlet, populate a bean(an ordinary javabean), then use that bean to populate the select tag in the adduser.jsp... I didn't see the the use of ActionSevlets here so I'm not planning on using them... I know there isn't actually any rule like this but... Am I violating the use of struts? Hope you understand my point... Thanks!

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Timothy,
It's using MVC, but not Struts. To do that using Struts you would populate the bean in an Action class.

You'll never get away with this you overconfident blob! The most you will ever get is this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic