• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Flex-LCDS

Greenhorn
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi I am new to flex and lcds,

I have an application which is built using flex and lcds on the client side and functionality of server side is written in java.

The thing is that when the home page loads... it loads all the flex contents which can be very heavy for some systems.

I need to develop a log in which enables me html log in functionality without loading all the resources of flex etc...

Looking for some kind response

Regards

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Typically you would modularize your Flex application and lazy load components. You can do this with the SWFLoader.

Sunny Diaz
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply,

I don't know exactly if I elaborated my question properly ...

I don't have any idea about how flex works but in the java classes flexSession is used and LoginCommand interface of flex.messaging.security is used.
I thought maybe it has something to do with these classes in java? If i want to develop flex free log in for the same application would it be out of these classes or I would have to still use these classes? because on client side any way i have actionscript flex, i.e .as files and mxml files etc...

thanks

Paul Sturrock
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Are you using Flex custom security? If you are then you need these. However, you can just have an unsecured flex application and deploy it in a secured web application (i.e. just use standard container managed security). If you do that Flex plays no part, though the requests it makes will be secure.

Sunny Diaz
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks again Paul

I am using flex based authentication, i have custom class which implements the LoginCommand interface and implements its methods ..

I use the Jboss security SimplePrincipal also and add this principal to the FlexContext

Session used is also FlexSession

So I have application which is using flex security with jboss.

I don't know how can i develop the login which can exclude the resources of flex to be loaded on the home page.. .and i just get the html login without loading all the .swf files or other flex resourses.

can you please elaborate the answer in detail if you can please, as i see you have good knowledge about it which i don't have for now.

Thanks again

Paul Sturrock
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you are using Flex's custom authentication you need the Flex classes that implement it unfortunately. But these shouldn't be that slow - are you seeing a lot of network traffic getting them?

Sunny Diaz
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
yes i am using big traffic so when the site loads it loads all the contents, which i don't, just load html or something and do the loading in the background

Paul Sturrock
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What do you mean by "all the contents"? I've just checked a very slim Flex app we have that includes custom security any I'm not sure I'd list it as that big (bigger than HTML content, but still a relatively small 97Kb)

just load html or something and do the loading in the background

You can't use Flex security without loading the Flex application that uses it.

Sunny Diaz
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
all contents means swf contents and application which is in flash.

I want to load all these contents in the background, while getting logged in simultaneously through html.

i dont know if i can explain good as i dont have great knowledge of flex and flash.

thanks

Paul Sturrock
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sounds like my earlier comment is maybe relevant then. You need to partition your Flex application and load components on demand. For example, you could have a loader application that contains nothing more than your authentication view (i.e. a login dialog of some sort). This will download quickly is its a small application. After (or during) successful login you can load the next bit of your application - have a look at this.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic