• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

loading URL from applet (or referencing an applet in a control listener?)

Greenhorn
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello people,

I have been working on an application in eclipse using the prefuse libraries. The Java application can open new browser windows by loading data from an xml file that contains the URL (by clicking on the relevant node and applying the label to the URL string). However when running as an applet the browserlauncher does not work. I understand you have to use getAppletContext().showdocument( url,), but I am unsure how to change the browserlauncher.showdocument to getappletcontext

My folder structure

Here is my applet code from TreeViewApp.java with a commented out (unrelated) example that opens a new window to google when launched.

Here is the relevant code section from treeview.java (what I really need the applet wrapper to do)

If anyone is interested in disscusing this further or helping me to work out how to use the AppletContext and use the showDocument() methods, that would be great. I am unsure how to reference the applet in my control listner. Please let me know if you require further information. here is the ap so far http://javatestsite.hostzi.com/greenhorn.html (it takes a while to load on this free server)

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic