• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

jboss Oracle dataSource Connection Refused -HPUX Error: 12: Not enough space

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am running a jsf1.2 web application on jdk1.5 and jboss4.2.3GA on Solaris 10 machine. I configured an oracle datasource in the oracle-ds.xml in the deploy directory of the server. The application runs fine and it is able to connect to the Oracle9i database configured. But over the weekend, the application could not get connection to the database with the following exception for 30-40 mins. Looking at the IOException phrase in the description, I am assuming that there was some network issue, but at the end of the highlighted piece of description is HPUX Error: 12: Not enough space , which indicates that something else might have caused it.
The first line has a lot of things in it which are out of my understanding. If anyone understands that line, please let me know.

If anyone had this problem before or knows what might be reason behind this exception and can help me resolve/analyze it, that would be a great help.

Thanks,
Sushma

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think that this error is coming back from your database.Considering the timing, I think you ran afoul of weekend processing. It could be too many connections, or some other database configuration option needs to be changed. Contact your database administrator.

Sushma Sharma
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I was finally able to get an answer from the DBA and looks like the listener on the oracle database was down around that time and was restarted later.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic