• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

profit after completing SCBCD and architect exams

Greenhorn
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello guys,
I am an OCPJP for SE6.
Now i am thinking to go for "Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 JavaServer Pages and Servlet Developer Certified Expert Exam (CX-310-085)" exam, but before that i would like to know what will be the opportunities that will get open for me after clearing this exam. And what after this exam?

and what are profits of being an "Enterprise Architect" ??

I am a final year student of B.Tech , and after 1 month i will be a fresher , so i want to know the opportunities that will get open for me after clearing the "CSX 310-085" exam.

Tell me in detail about everything after these certifications.

Thanks in advance

Nikhil Aggarwal

[Edit: removed email address (you don't really want spam do you?)]

Bartender
Mac TypeScript Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Nikhil and Welcome to JavaRanch!

First of all I would like to suggest not to worry about the profit in the first place, rather learn the technologies since you are a fresher to the industry. Later you may worry about the profits

Both Web & Business component exams are important. The fundamentals addressed by them are the core to most enterprise application developments. It may be your personal preference what to study first. So you may need to learn both and many more someday if you are developing such applications.

Regarding the exams, the web component exam covers wider range of specifications than the business component exam. For architect exam it basically need a very thorough knowledge of the entire JEE stack.

Nikhil Aggarwal
Greenhorn
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey thanks for reply,
I am really thankful for your valuable reply. Me too give importance to learning first rather than going for its profit.
But 4 days ago one of my friend who is CCNA certified asked me a question about java certifications. He asked me what will you get by gaining an EXPERT level certificate.
I couldn't answer him precisely and that embarrass me a lot.
He than told me in Cisco certification path EXPERT level is a very high level and there are only 16 to 18 peoples from INDIA who have passed this exam. Beside this he also told me about the profits of being an EXPERT in Cisco certifications.

This is the reason i am searching all over the internet for 4 days , for a precise answer of being an EXPERT in JAVA.
Could me please explain me in detail about this EXPERT level and VALUE of an EXPERT in market??

Sheriff
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have no knowledge of the Cisco certifications but java certifications are of two types. SCJP/SCWCD/SCBCD these are multiple choice exams. You get 60 or so questions which multiple choices as answers. Then there are essay type exams like SCJD and SCEA (the architect exam) in which you actually have to develop an application and give an essay exam about it. Being certified doesn't mean you are an expert, IMO it proves that you have your basics clear and understand the concepts well. As Vijitha said, the goal of a certification is the knowledge that you gain from it. Having good understanding of the concepts will help you on the job surely. Being certified will give you some edge over someone with same qualifications as you but who is not certified (but that's not guaranteed).

PS: don't confuse JSP/Servlet exam and SCBCD...

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic