• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Judgement day has been advanced

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
... to this Saturday instead of 2012.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-will-the-world-end-this-saturday-may-21-20110516,0,5138125.story

(Not to mention this is MD.)

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

Saurabh Pillai wrote: to this Saturday instead of 2012.

In the Koran and the Bible say that no man knows the hour or the day of judgement. Allah (God) is the owner of the Day of Judgement. Therefore this information belongs to Allah (God). There are only signs of the Day of Judgement...

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Will the world end this Saturday, May 21?

Yes

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Deepak Bala wrote: Yes

In this case, Jesper de Jong can request something from you.

Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Huh? What do I have to do with this?

You mean that in a similar topic I once wrote: if you believe this, please send me all your money and posessions, because you won't be needing them anyway when the world ends.

The funny thing is that most of those crazy people who are shouting to everyone that the world will end apparently don't even believe it enough themselves to actually give me all their money and posessions.

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jesper de Jong wrote: You mean that in a similar topic I once wrote: if you believe this, please send me all your money and posessions, because you won't be needing them anyway when the world ends.

Yes, you guessed it right.

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jesper de Jong wrote:Huh? What do I have to do with this?

You mean that in a similar topic I once wrote: if you believe this, please send me all your money and posessions, because you won't be needing them anyway when the world ends.

The funny thing is that most of those crazy people who are shouting to everyone that the world will end apparently don't even believe it enough themselves to actually give me all their money and posessions.

This is not true Jesper. I have contacted the Nigerian government to wire my entire life saving of 100 gold biscuits to you. All I need is a nominal fee of 500$ to initiate the transaction and take care of processing fees.

Yours prudently
Deepak "scammy" Bala

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Deepak Bala wrote:

Yes

No, it already ended on September 6, 1994. According to the guy who is now predicting it will end next week, anyway. Apparently he had to refine his calculation.

Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Deepak Bala wrote:

This is not true Jesper. I have contacted the Nigerian government to wire my entire life saving of 100 gold biscuits to you. All I need is a nominal fee of 500$ to initiate the transaction and take care of processing fees.

Yours prudently
Deepak "scammy" Bala

Sell one of your gold biscuits to the Nigerian government to cover up the 500$ transaction fee.

Sheriff
Mac IntelliJ IDE Python VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's not the end of the world that's being mis-predicted for this Saturday, but the Rapture. We've got a few months yet before the end of the world is mis-predicted to happen. Let's try to get our baseless fear-mongering right.

Paul Clapham
Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Oh right, it's only those selected for the Rapture who are going on Saturday. The rest of us have to wait until the Mayan calendar runs out. Do I have that right?

Jesper de Jong
Java Cowboy
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The guy who is claiming this is Harold Camping, and it's not the first time he's claiming that the end of the world is near. Ofcourse, everytime he gets it wrong, he just says he has made a mistake in his calculations and sets a new date a few years in the future. He says now that judgement day is on 21 May and then the final end of the world will be on 21 October 2011. So this isn't one of the Mayan calendar lunatics - he has his own crazy ideas. It's all crazy numerology nonsense.

Wikipedia has an article on his 2011 end times prediction.

He's ofcourse not the first claiming to know that the end of the world will come soon. Many people have made such a claim before. And here you can pick a year and choose in which nonsense you want to believe.

Oh Deepak, thanks for your gold. Can't you use one of those gold biscuits to pay that $500 fee? I don't have that in my wallet right now.

Greg Charles
Sheriff
Mac IntelliJ IDE Python VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Cool link. (The pick a year one.) According to that site, we won't have an apocalypse-free year until 2018. It'll be a short respite though. The world will start ending again in 2019.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
He and his followers have spent a lot of money on ads this time though. They are all over in NY and California. I assume the rest of the US as well. Does it spread more broadly than that?

author and iconoclast
Mac OS X Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Likes 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm just not going to bother to shave. I mean, seriously.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I dont believe in any of the religious books or their "signs" of judgement day (lol) .. I'm just going to Mars and taking a huge spaceship of popcorns and watch you guys fall out of the Earth... HA HA ! (evil smile) 'cause I'm doing it..

Jesper de Jong wrote:

and for sending the money and posessions the believers also believe that you wont need it either ;) so they dont send it...

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What's next ? The tooth-fairy actually exists ?

Robin John
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rahul Sudip Bose wrote: What's next ? The tooth-fairy actually exists ?

LOL... you might want to start a new topic..

Jesper de Jong
Java Cowboy
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:He and his followers have spent a lot of money on ads this time though. They are all over in NY and California. I assume the rest of the US as well. Does it spread more broadly than that?

Yes, it does. Recently I saw a photo posted somewhere of an advertisement here in the Netherlands about this. I don't know though if this advertisement came directly from Harold Camping himself or if it was done by a local group here who believe in him. The advertisement was on Utrecht CS, the busiest train station in the Netherlands.

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi All,

Robin John wrote: I dont believe in any of the religious books or their "signs" of judgement day (lol) ..

This is not a conception as you know...
Big Bang Theory, all the claims of previous experiments, affirmed and proven...
Existing of the Universe with big explosion (Big Bang) from zero volume (the creation out of nothing) and has proven to be enlarged as indicated in the verses of Allah (God).

I'm just going to Mars and taking a huge spaceship of popcorns and watch you guys fall out of the Earth... HA HA ! (evil smile) 'cause I'm doing it..

This is the end of the whole universe, just does not belong to the world... So you can send all your popcorns to the Jesper with great pleasure

Robin John
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rizvan Asgarov wrote: This is not a conception as you know...
Big Bang Theory, all the claims of previous experiments, affirmed and proven...

"Claims" and they are Proven !! by whom ? Mr. Mathematics ? or one of your books ?

Rizvan Asgarov wrote: This is the end of the whole universe, just does not belong to the world... So you can send all your popcorns to the Jesper with great pleasure

There you go... there is a strong believer here... universe.. anyways.. we can all just wait for 21st May then.. make sure you have your popcorns with you till then..

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think the judgement day is already happened I saw that day on terminator 3

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Robin John wrote: "Claims" and they are Proven !! by whom ? Mr. Mathematics ? or one of your books ?

All the sciences you study continuously speak of God and make known the Creator, each with its own particular tongue. Do not listen to your teachers; listen to them.

“For example, a well-equipped pharmacy with life-giving potions and cures in every jar weighed out in precise and wondrous measures doubtless shows an extremely skilful, practised, and wise pharmacist. In the same way, to the extent that it is bigger and more perfect and better stocked than the pharmacy in the market-place, the pharmacy of the globe of the earth with its living potions and medicaments in the jars which are the four hundred thousand species of plants and animals shows and makes known to eyes that are blind even —by means of the measure or scale of the science of medicine that you study— the All-Wise One of Glory, Who is the Pharmacist of the mighty pharmacy of the earth.

“To take another example; a wondrous factory which weaves thousands of sorts of cloth from a simple material doubtless makes known a manufacturer and skilful mechanic. In the same way, to whatever extent it is larger and more perfect than the human factory, this travelling dominical machine known as the globe of the earth with its hundreds of thousands of heads, in each of which are hundreds of thousands of factories, shows and makes known —by means of the measure or scale of the science of engineering which you study— its Manufacturer and Owner.

“And, for example, a depot, store, or shop in which has been brought together and stored up in regular and orderly fashion a thousand and one varieties of provisions undoubtedly makes known a wondrous owner, proprietor, and overseer of provisions and foodstuffs. In just the same way, to whatever degree it is vaster and more perfect than such a store or factory, this foodstore of the Most Merciful One known as the globe of the earth, this Divine ship, this dominical depot and shop holding goods, equipment, and conserved food, which in one year travels regularly an orbit of twenty-four thousand years, and carrying groups of beings requiring different foods and passing through the seasons on its journey and filling the spring with thousands of different provisions like a huge waggon, brings them to the wretched animate creatures whose sustenance has been exhausted in winter, —by means of the measure or scale of the science of economics which you study— this depot of the earth makes known and makes loved its Manager, Organizer, and Owner.

“And, for example, let us imagine an army which consists of four hundred thousand nations, and each nation requires different provisions, uses different weapons, wears different uniforms, undergoes different drill, and is discharged from its duties differently. If this army and camp has a miracle-working commander who on his own provides all those different nations with all their different provisions, weapons, uniforms, and equipment without forgetting or confusing any of them, then surely the army and camp show the commander and make him loved appreciatively. In just the same way, the spring camp of the face of the earth in which every spring a newly recruited Divine army of the four hundred thousand species of plants and animals are given their varying uniforms, rations, weapons, training, and demobilizations in utterly perfect and regular fashion by a single Commander-in-Chief Who forgets or confuses not one of them —to whatever extent the spring camp of the face of the earth is vaster and more perfect than that human army, —by means of the measure or scale of the military science that you study— it makes known to the attentive and sensible, its Ruler, Sustainer, Administrator, and Most Holy Commander, causing wonderment and acclaim, and makes Him loved and praised and glorified.

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
“Another example: millions of electric lights that move and travel through a wondrous city, their fuel and power source never being exhausted, self-evidently make known a wonder-working craftsman and extraordinarily talented electrician who manages the electricity, makes the moving lamps, sets up the power source, and brings the fuel; they cause others to congratulate and applaud him, and to love him. In just the same way, although some of the lamps of the stars in the roof of the palace of the world in the city of the universe —if they are considered in the way that astronomy says— are a thousand times larger than the earth and move seventy times faster than a cannon-ball, they do not spoil their order, nor collide with one another, nor become extinguished, nor is their fuel exhausted. According to astronomy, which you study, for our sun to continue burning, which is a million times larger than the earth and a million times older and is a lamp and stove in one guest-house of the Most Merciful One, as much oil as the seas of the earth and as much coal as its mountains or as many logs and much wood as ten earths are necessary for it not to be extinguished. And however much greater and more perfect than this example are the electric lamps of the palace of the world in the majestic city of the universe, which point with their fingers of light to an infinite power and sovereignty which illuminates the sun and other lofty stars like it without oil, wood, or coal, not allowing them to be extinguished or to collide with one another, though travelling together at speed, to that degree —by means of the measure of the science of electricity which you either study or will study— they testify to and make known the Monarch, Illuminator, Director, and Maker of the mighty exhibition of the universe; they make Him loved, glorified, and worshipped.

“Thus, hundreds of other sciences like these make known the Glorious Creator of the universe together with His Names, each through its broad measure or scale, its particular mirror, its far-seeing eyes, and searching gaze; they make known His attributes and perfections.

Rahul Sudip Bose
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hmm...may be we will become extinct like the dinosaurs. That could be one possibility. Until then, dont live in fear and be good.

Robin John
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Rizvan you didn't get the whole picture of this discussion...

"ITS MEANINGLESS"

* I didn't read anything you posted : ) so no comments..

Paul Clapham
Marshal
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rahul Sudip Bose wrote:What's next ? The tooth-fairy actually exists ?

Yes, the tooth fairy really does exist. I can state that with certainty since I'm the tooth fairy. Or at least, I was until my children stopped losing their first set of teeth; I'm retired now.

lowercase baba
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Can you prove the tooth-fairy DOESN'T exist???

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
She doesn't in our house. At least when our smaller daughter was losing teeth. She would come down to breakfast with a face like thunder, saying, "%@!! tooth fairy's forgotten again."

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jesper de Jong wrote:

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:He and his followers have spent a lot of money on ads this time though. They are all over in NY and California. I assume the rest of the US as well. Does it spread more broadly than that?

Yes, it does. Recently I saw a photo posted somewhere of an advertisement here in the Netherlands about this. I don't know though if this advertisement came directly from Harold Camping himself or if it was done by a local group here who believe in him. The advertisement was on Utrecht CS, the busiest train station in the Netherlands.

In NY, the ads were paid for by local groups. The paper mentioned a guy who spent his life savings on ads.

Paul Clapham
Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:The paper mentioned a guy who spent his life savings on ads.

And why wouldn't he? That would be a perfectly rational thing for him to do.

Joe San
Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Robin John wrote:Rizvan you didn't get the whole picture of this discussion...

"ITS MEANINGLESS"

And that is why this post belongs to this forum.

Rahul Sudip Bose
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

fred rosenberger wrote:

Can you prove the tooth-fairy DOESN'T exist???

......?

<EDIT>

Here is some circumstantial evidence :

Paul Clapham wrote:
Yes, the tooth fairy really does exist. I can state that with certainty since I'm the tooth fairy. Or at least, I was until my children stopped losing their first set of teeth; I'm retired now.

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Here is some circumstantial evidence :

Now can you prove Paul is the tooth fairy ?

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rizvan you didn't get the whole picture of this discussion...

"ITS MEANINGLESS"

Hey, you are not obliged to comment here. Of course, everyone has a different perspective on issues. So i just wanted to indicate my own attitudes...

Joe Harry wrote: And that is why this post belongs to this forum.

sometimes it is normal to be meaningful...

PS: By the way, i changed (corrected) the url link based on the "Big Bang Theory" in my previous post shown above. I'm sorry, so very much.

Jesper de Jong
Java Cowboy
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What?! Instead of giving their unneeded money to me, people are giving it to Harold Camping himself. According to this article people have already given him $120 million. Why would they do that, why does Harold Camping need all that money when the world is going to end?!

I think I'll come up with my own end-of-the-world prediction and make people believe in it.

So... I've looked into my crystall ball and saw that the world is going to end on Friday 13 September 2013. And you all have to send me all your money, because I need $ 13131313131313 to avert the catastrophe.

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jesper de Jong wrote: And you all have to send me all your money, because I need $ 13131313131313 to avert the catastrophe.

Hey Jesper, Japan couldn't avert the catastrophe in any way.

So how do you prevent it?

Jesper de Jong
Java Cowboy
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sorry, I can't tell you that, it's a secret! But trust me, I have the secret formula! Now, please send me your money!

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rizvan Asgarov wrote:

Jesper de Jong wrote: And you all have to send me all your money, because I need $ 13131313131313 to avert the catastrophe.

Hey Jesper, Japan couldn't avert the catastrophe in any way.

So how do you prevent it?

If the money needed to build nuclear plants is sent to Jesper, there would be no catastrophe. I have decided to send all my biscuits to Jesper and I suggest everyone else do the same.

Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jesper de Jong wrote: Now, please send me your money!

Hey Jesper, there is no garantie for living tomorow... So how to wait for the year 2013 in this moment? Could you tell me please...

Deepak Bala wrote: I have decided to send all my biscuits to Jesper and I suggest everyone else do the same.

Here, Jesper finally managed to convince you to pay all... Jesper get some biscuits as a first step. but beware, the result would be dangerous...

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic