• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JEE Enterprise Market scenario and Clojure

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Amit,
The more I am reading about Clojure, the more I am trying to fit this into the traditional JEE Enterprise model.

So, How is the market scenario regarding Clojure? Is market ready for Clojure related projects yet?

I have read your first chapter and I found it very pretty having macros/STM-Agents/Immutability/Lazy loading fundamentals.
And the nice thing being the Java and Clojure call. In this respect I am getting so many ideas.
Clojuse being a JVM centric programming language, do you see any scope where we can fit Clojure into JEE Enterprise Architecture?
May be the Business Logic Layer, Architecture component layer can be built using Clojure functions and we will call from Java.
I don't know anything yet but I am just throwing ideas here.
As Clojure can reduce the Java code by more than 5 times, may be we can have less volume downloadable jar files for Applet or even Android based applications.

You are the best person to tell if that is possible or may be we can achieve even more in future which I may not foresee yet.

Sorry for asking so many questions in a single thread, but personally after reading your first chapter I am thrilled.

Rancher
Mac OS X Monad Clojure Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'll be interested to see Amit's response on this one...

I think Clojure is ready for enterprise-scale systems** but I'm not sure if most "enterprise" shops are ready for the paradigm shift needed to leverage Clojure (and functional thinking) effectively.

**I will readily concede that Clojure's tooling and libraries are still immature (but improving rapidly) but I think the language itself is already more than capable enough to handle the challenge of large scale systems.

Sujoy Choudhury
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hope to get a reply after the long weekend

I am going to test your electrical conductivity with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com