• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCMJD Roi

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey guys, I am new to the forum but have read some of the complaints about the new oracle certification path. I happen to be in the same boat and seriously looking for solutions. It is quite startling that no of you expert brains offer a cheaper course to help the 'greenhorns'. As I see it, anyone that can offer an online based course weekly will help folks like me at a fraction of the price oracle will be charging in 2 months. Hope you guys feel the same way...

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't see the point of a cheaper online based course, because from August 1, 2011 anybody has to follow an Oracle instructor-led course. So that course would be useless. And you still have 2 months, which is enough time to still pass the exam before the mandatory course requirement kicks in

osagie achike
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I actually meant a 'hands-on-tutorial-course' before august 1. I am sure thats the only way newbies can complete the project before this deadline. Benefit for newbies and financial benefit for the ranch hands...

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Maybe have a look at this thread. It's the closest you'll get to the hands-on-tutorial-course.

I think you'll want to become an OCMJD without making any effort and just spend some money. Sorry dude, that's not how it works (it's almost the same as asking for a dump for e.g. OCPJP exam and that's against the policies of this forum)

osagie achike
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Calm down Roel. The problem with successfully completing this certification is the time constraint. SCJPs have successfully understood the theory required but being able to co-ordinate and apply this knowledge is a bit of a stretch( surely that is the reason candidates were previously given 1 year to complete). Some people just need pointing in the right direction within the short time and it must be a complement to be paid for your knowledge. It was just a thought...

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Candidates still have 1 year to complete the assignment. That has not changed at all.

And to point you in the right direction you have an excellent book, a great paper and an outstanding forum with answers to all your possible questions.

Good luck!

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic