• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

certification query

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Everybody,
Can anyone please let me know that " Is there any way an Employer can know the number of attempts you had done before getting SCJP certified." I mean can an Employer ask at revelant center ( maybe SUN / ORACLE) to know the number of attempts this candidate had before getting certified.

Thanks.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Mushraf Khan wrote:Hello Everybody,
Can anyone please let me know that " Is there any way an Employer can know the number of attempts you had done before getting SCJP certified." I mean can an Employer ask at revelant center ( maybe SUN / ORACLE) to know the number of attempts this candidate had before getting certified.

Thanks.

No Sweat, once you PASSED you PASSED, employers or anyone else don't BOTHER to check or care on number of attempts or your score. What really important now is how much and how strong of Java knowledge and skill one has after being Certified. That's what really the Employer or anyone care about.

If you have Oracle account you can check and confirm, I've checked mine and see nothing in the record except PASSED status.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Guys,
funny enough this was kind of bothering me, I also was wondering if the scores you get in the exams 'Influence' employment success.
However if I get 98% like a few have scored here, I will hold that document to interviews!
I completely agree with Tommy, certification proves that you know the FUNDAMENTALS of the java programming language, however in an interview you have to prove 'to-what-extent' you know the language.
Some coleagues I spoke to told me that many employers(logically) in interviews concentrate on questions about, Object Orientation, you have to defend the fundamentals of design patterns like encapsulation, cohesion, coupling, inheritance-polymorphism, also many questions are asked about flow-control, Generics and Collection you have to know how to implement 'equals()' method, Comparable, Comparator interfaces etc. "Good enough" if you know garbage collection, as you may know, memory management is FUNDAMENTAL in company applications.
If you want to get a good job, passing the exams is NOT enough, you have to be prepared for the interviews.
I wish us the best.

Regards

Ikpefua.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic