• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How are Great IT Ideas born?

Ranch Hand
Google Web Toolkit Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
These days i tried hard brainstorming to find some cool computing Idea and try convert it to a personal project to work on in my so much free time! (i'm unemployed currently)
I was upset for my creativity didn't help me to find some brilliant Ideas. I found that almost 99% of computing problems have already been solved .
only few very talented developers manage to give birth to really brilliant ideas that lead to successful projects. I don't think i'm one of them.
How do these people find these bright Ideas? how cool IT Ideas are born?
i suspect most of these ideas are grabbed from living and communicating with lots of people in the real world right? being a solitary human being isolated in a room with the company of your laptop won't help your imagination to work well.. am i right?
it seems to me that socializing is also important beside innate creativity that some people are born with it as a gift.

what you think?
and btw can you suggest me some cool projects ideas in java to fill my empty time? ;)
thanks

author
jQuery Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser VI Editor C++ Chrome Java Linux Windows
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

IMHO, I think a lot of the great ideas are just (somewhat silly) ideas that just took off via dumb luck. Think about it, a year ago, if someone said that the next hot idea will entail birds launched with a slingshot, would you have agreed?

Henry

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Henry Wong wrote:
IMHO, I think a lot of the great ideas are just (somewhat silly) ideas that just took off via dumb luck. Think about it, a year ago, if someone said that the next hot idea will entail birds launched with a slingshot, would you have agreed?

Henry

Yes I agree. I don't know exactly the secret behind the success of some Ideas while there exist many other smarter ideas that have been ignored. is it again conspiracy theory? politics involved in boosting some peoples that come with some good Ideas but with a hidden agenda underneath? or is it just dumb luck as you said?

I saw many great and smart IT applications that no one talks of. yet most people these days are amazed by the social media stuff that doesn't look a great idea to me.

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

How are Great IT Ideas born?

By stealing someone else's

(As much as I would like that to be a joke, it is sometimes not)

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think the great idea born when someone thinks beyond the limit....There's an limit which always stop us thinking over it... These limit is also created by human and they don't want you to cross it...Think over it and yo'll get new ideas for sure...

Cheers
kaustubh

Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Deepak Bala wrote:By stealing someone else's

Indeed, this is what Microsoft's success is based on for a large part: take someone else's idea, make your own version of it, and sell it to the whole world so that everybody uses your version instead of the original one. They even tried to do this with Java: they had their own version of Java that they tried to add Windows-only stuff to, then they got sued by Sun, gave up on Java entirely and invented .NET, which works in exactly the same way as Java (their JVM is called the CLR - Common Language Runtime, etc.).

Often it's not the idea itself that has to be brilliant or revolutionary, but the way it is sold.

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jesper de Jong wrote:

Deepak Bala wrote:By stealing someone else's

Indeed, this is what Microsoft's success is based on for a large part: take someone else's idea, make your own version of it, and sell it to the whole world so that everybody uses your version instead of the original one. They even tried to do this with Java: they had their own version of Java that they tried to add Windows-only stuff to, then they got sued by Sun, gave up on Java entirely and invented .NET, which works in exactly the same way as Java (their JVM is called the CLR - Common Language Runtime, etc.).

Often it's not the idea itself that has to be brilliant or revolutionary, but the way it is sold.

Yeah , james gosling is much smarter and creative than Bill Gate. and look what happened to James and look how Gates is the most rich person in this world. the world is so imperfect!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Do you know Charles Darwin and his theory Survival_of_the_fittest?

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Saurabh Pillai wrote:Do you know Charles Darwin and his theory Survival_of_the_fittest?

Yes i know this theory very well . this is why i mentioned that our world is so imperfect. a world where only the fittest survive is surely Not a good place to live in.

Deepak Bala
Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Survival_of_the_fittest

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ask zukerberg, bill etc. Wait patiently, dont underestimate yourself - an idea might pop in your mind when you least expect it.

Jesper de Jong
Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yahya Elyasse wrote:Yeah , james gosling is much smarter and creative than Bill Gate. and look what happened to James and look how Gates is the most rich person in this world. the world is so imperfect!

Many of the ideas that the JVM uses also weren't new. For example, the idea of bytecode running on a virtual machine (instead of compiling to native machine code directly) already existed before Java. Turbo Pascal, which I used in the first half of the 1990's, compiled to "pcode", which is exactly the same idea as Java bytecode.

Bill Gates is one of the richest people in the world because he is a brilliant salesman.

Deepak: The Terminator was on TV here yesterday...

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yahya Elyasse wrote:

Saurabh Pillai wrote:Do you know Charles Darwin and his theory Survival_of_the_fittest?

Yes i know this theory very well . this is why i mentioned that our world is so imperfect. a world where only the fittest survive is surely Not a good place to live in.

Fortunately this isn't a world where "only the fittest survive". It's imperfect, certainly, it isn't possible to produce a perfect world, but there's plenty of scope for suboptimal organisms to survive. (I know this because I'm one of them.)

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Paul Clapham wrote:
Fortunately this isn't a world where "only the fittest survive". It's imperfect, certainly, it isn't possible to produce a perfect world, but there's plenty of scope for suboptimal organisms to survive. (I know this because I'm one of them.)

Yes I agree with you . fortunately Darwin and the others are wrong with the survival of the fittest stuff. and I'm also glad they are wrong b/c creatures like me would not have a chance in that world imagined by Darwin and Herbert Spencer.

Saurabh Pillai
Ranch Hand
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Paul Clapham wrote:Fortunately this isn't a world where "only the fittest survive". It's imperfect, certainly, it isn't possible to produce a perfect world, but there's plenty of scope for suboptimal organisms to survive. (I know this because I'm one of them.)

Hey Paul and Yahya,

In broad sense "Survival of the fittest" can be interpreted as somebody who understands the system very well and can exploit its loopholes in order to survive. and I do not agree with Yahya's statement that James Gosling is smarter than Bill Gates. If you are counting money as success then "Survival of the fittest" can be interpreted as Bill knows the system(world) better when it comes to marketing skills and hence able to earning more money than James.

Rahul Sudip Bose
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yahya Elyasse wrote:the world is so imperfect!

Bill gates said that too. See rule 1/11 here.

Ranch Hand
Debian Fedora Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Kaustubh G Sharma wrote:I think the great idea born when someone thinks beyond the limit....There's an limit which always stop us thinking over it... These limit is also created by human and they don't want you to cross it...Think over it and yo'll get new ideas for sure...

Cheers
kaustubh

Well said.

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Saurabh Pillai wrote:
Hey Paul and Yahya,

In broad sense "Survival of the fittest" can be interpreted as somebody who understands the system very well and can exploit its loopholes in order to survive. and I do not agree with Yahya's statement that James Gosling is smarter than Bill Gates. If you are counting money as success then "Survival of the fittest" can be interpreted as Bill knows the system(world) better when it comes to marketing skills and hence able to earning more money than James.

If the main purpose of the so called "fittest" is to only "survive" that would be an acceptable option. the problem is those "fittest" deny "survival" to others who consider unfit. it is by denying survival to others that you create a bad world. Surviving is good but not killing others is much better i suppose. The economic and technological competition is so aggressive that competitors engage in a live or die game which is not a healthy environment. Survive but don't kill others.

Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yahya Elyasse wrote:

Yeah , james gosling is much smarter and creative than Bill Gate. and look what happened to James and look how Gates is the most rich person in this world. the world is so imperfect!

I don't think money is the only parameter to scale your success. There's no doubt about James quality..May be he's not a money maker or may be he don't want billion $$ but the gift he gave to the computer world is precious and priceless..

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Kaustubh G Sharma wrote:

I don't think money is the only parameter to scale your success. There's no doubt about James quality..May be he's not a money maker or may be he don't want billion $$ but the gift he gave to the computer world is precious and priceless..

Yes I always was surprised when i read some passages criticizing Sun and relating their failure to the fact they couldn't generate lots of money from their products. Innovation and creativity might suffer a lot if companies make Money generation their primary goal. sometimes creativity requires you to sacrifice wealth etc..I agree money is not the only parameter to measure success.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
A great idea would be something that would satisfy the "current" need..... According to the Peter's Principle by Laurence Peter, anything that works would be put into countless trials until it fails.... So basically, you have to create something is needed as of the moment.... There is no such thing as successful, its just the human's interpretation for "satisfying the current requirements".... Lets say you are able to create something that everyone in the world would patronize, their needs would be satisfied, but the question is how long?.... Then their requirements would be different again.... "Human by nature has no satisfaction"... you have to create something to quench their current bidding... In here now comes innovation, because due to the changing requirements of people, you have to improve your current creation to meet the newer demands... Its just like giving a pregnant woman what food she craves for... but its a matter of who could give her these "foods" fastest, cheapest, and with the highest quality.....

Well I know what I said are all theoretical, I failed to give a concrete idea as to what you should create... but this is the rule of the world.... If your can create ideas faster, then you have higher chance for "success".... but you generate idea much slower, be sure that this idea of yours would surpass those of others...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Alpha matters

Think better!

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It has to do something with mind and matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Petar Thomas wrote:

who is this woman? and what this photo means regarding the subject?

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

[b]Human Side of the Story[/b]

Oh... There was a photo of Arnold up there, and that photo was in the context of this subject. This is a photo of Arnolds cleaning lady. He divorced from his wife few weeks ago, and he has eleven year old child with a lady from a photo. I was thinking how some people don't have "writers block" in the same time when I do. Writers block is when writers loose inspiration. It happened to me many times. I think that maybe the most important thing about getting an idea is to be the part of something, working a lot and working with people, thining a lot, talking a lot. Bill Gates, Arnold S., and this lady, and lot of other people, they don't have problems with ideas, becaouse their lifes are full with ideas, everybody who has an idea comes to such a people, so , I think, it is very good to be on the productiv place, where something is happening. That's just my opinion, and I thought that it is funny to put a picture of this lady, becoaouse, to me, Arnold and she, they look kind of sweet. I was thinking for my self, becouse I need some ideas, for me it would be the best to join some open source project. I have noticed many times that when I am learning more, then I am full of ideas, becaouse I am thinking about what I am learning and what I can do with it. But never the less, people like that lady, or any rich person, allways know what is needed, about something, becaouse trends and hypes evolve around people like that. In any branch of industry good ideas are needed. I had few. I had an idea to make online video editting system. Or, many times I am thinking about applications to make on such a way that I don't really care for what the application is, focusing on the center of the abstraction of an application, so many ideas that I have is like framework for this, framework for that. Also, I am not a very good programmer, so I am constantly experiencing that the new things that I learn are actually better than my ideas. Anyway, I personaly have choosed one idea for which I stick, it is an application that is combined from the "forum reader" , browser, data organizer, and in the same time, a platform for experimenting with programming, so , kind of, that I can have in the same place all the learning material and notes intermingled with steps of programming experiment, kind of like, it is very important for me, that whatever I do, I can pursue my learning and research in any direction, and that the trail stays recorded, so that I can come back to some certain moment of the spin of my thoughts. If I wouldn't be doing that, I would be making some small computer game. Other thing that is interesting to me is collecting data from the internet, and using data from the internet, that is in the direction of data mining and machine learning for which I don't know yet enough mathematics, but I really think that that is a good direction. Or, for example, as I am making right now a "forum reader" application, I can imagine very wild versions of forum application projects. Maybe, one other approach would be to think about what is funny or usefull to my friends, becaouse if I can make my friends interested about some application that is usefull for them, then it might be good. Anyway, I think that maybe the best thing is to join some nice open source project. I have never been a part of an open source project in my life. I belive that joining some Glassfish project or some similar thing, must be very good. Things like that can really give ideas. Anyway, actually, it seems to me that there are two things where I am branching... One thing is practical product, or idea about something practical... The other thing is about more abstract things, many times I am not interested at all about the practical side, or even to make something real. Kind of it depends in which concept You understand wht an idea is. Somewhere in mathematics, or similary in programing, just one step might be a super idea. I say that becaouse I personally prefer the other way for my own personal development. Actually, the meaning of the photo of that lady is to point on the human face, human side of the whole story...

Other thing that I had in mind is one book that is out, "Searching for Alpha". It is about the story that some people question: "Are the markets effective.". If the markets are not effective than it is possible to cheaply "beat the markets", but, if the markets are effective, than trying to "beat the markets" would be poor gamibling bet. Half a century ago, computers were small in resources and slow, and whatever was done was quite new and observable. Programming games were made much differently than today. Today, making programming game is like making a movie. It is like that with anything else. Once, there was a famouse director, who was adviced not to finish movie for few years and to wait a better technology to come. Today, everybody is still using first steps of programming, first tricks. In the last century I couldn't even imagine what is 200 Gb of hard disk. Today I don't imagine how it will be in 10 years. I could'n imagine that variant of programming then, and today I don't imagine how the programming will look a like in 10 years. Maybe someone did it allready, but to me it sounds like a good idea to make a mathematical models of programming that can cover programming from the last century, but in the same time that can show how the programming will look even in the next century. With that, it would be possible to work for five years Today, to make a basic platform for other things that would be done in five years Tomorow. However and on whichever way, I still belive that it is good to think about Tomorow some times. That's the place We go. That's the place where the ideas will be founded usefull.

Zye Valfzaurk
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I totally I agree with the first part of what Petar Thomas said... Working in an active environment would give you many ideas.... Also creating products for practical use is not the game anymore, because any machine or gadget that you could think of that could make life easier has already been invented... So you have to focus on the things far beyond practicality, which I believe is "imagination"... You have to create things which you would never thought to be popular, just like those feathered creatures fired by a slingshot....

But I personally disagree on the latter part of his statement.... I don't believe that focusing for the future is the solution.... I'm a person who "lives life as it comes".... I believe that anticipating too much for tomorrow, would make you miss the good stuffs today.... In reality, there is no such thing as past or future, there is only present.... The past ceased to exist and the future existence is never known, why focus on these things when you have the concrete existence of the "present" in your hand.....

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I know. The second part is a little bit not on the ground. But.... On one hand, I never went to the university, but I think I will, so I know that some great things will happen to me in ten years, and I also know some things about the things that I don't know. The other thing is that I must work till retierment, and I might be the kind of person who will work after that as well. Other side is, also, the world seams like it is changing, it looks like some utopistic ideas are coming to life. Maybe it is obviouse what are the things that are yet to come, as some ideas are long known. Other thing that economy and marketing is working with predictions as well, so from that side the sense of the direction can be got. I don't mean that is good not to focus on the "present" in the hand. Kind of, as I imagine, if I focus on "present", whatever I would start to do on my own now, today, maybe it is the fact that it would take me some time to make it, to finish it. But maybe these are just too much obviouse details. I think that, if I would go to do something on my own, then I would wanna know a lot of things that are not about programming. For example, Greece is in a bad situation, and the story is, if the Greece would go default now, then the world would go into the double dip recession, so for example, some people know quite good how it sector behaves in a recession, I don't know really. Or.. I've heard stories that it is possible that Europe will loose members, or simply end as a noble experiment. The world might be quite different if Greece defaults, or if Europe ends to exist. Personaly I belive that it will not happen, but I don't know. There are many of those kind of details that might be taken as a part of the picture. Also. I imagine that sometimes people thought that they want to invent something that was never existed before, like they say "I wanna this and that" which is nothing that anyone knows yet what it is. Maybe that would be the case of "Tomorow" how I imagine it a little bit. Like, "I really want to invent something that doesn't exist at all". I imagine that than it would be important what will be tomorow, becaouse today , in that case, I don't have nothing today, and maybe seven other people will invent the very same thing in the same time, or any such scenario. That is an interesting start: "I want to invent something but I don't know yet what do I want to invent". How to get an idea that I don't have? It's like, I don't have idea, but I don't want any idea, I want to choose from many ideas, and I want to pick out the idea that maybe doesn't exist yet. How to do that? But for sure only with the "present" in the hand.

Zye Valfzaurk
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Not being educated formally is not a hindrance for seeking and obtaining knowledge, and you have proven that..... But being able to study in a university or institution would give you additional practical knowledge.... You're right that we need to learn more things other than programming, because being a programmer alone is not enough to survive....

We have to rely purely in our imagination to invent something that was never invented before, or even something that was already invented but applied in a totally different useful way.... And that is what this thread is all about.. people who thinks outside the box, such as yourself, should share their thoughts and ideas regarding this matter.... And then anyone of us can acquire wisdom through one another.... We then, by ourselves, organize these information and through it, create our own exquisite idea.....

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank You...

Zye Valfzaurk
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Oh and I'm deeply sorry for misreading your name as "Peter"...

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
That's really ockay... I'm used to be called like that. Sometimes I missread my own name as Peter as well. It's normal. I was called Pedro, also, and Nobody, and on my own language, Croatian, Black, "Crni".... I just hope that I didn't typed too much text into this forum, while drinking too many coffie, smoking cigarettes, and doing my thing...

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks for all replies and contibutions guys.
the thing that i want to discuss is the following:
-Google search engine is an extraordinary success. before Google search there were many search engines on the market. Yet Google dominated as the most successful. the question is why? is it b/c goole engine is superior ? or b/c of other factors involving politics or some other reasons.
-second example : facebook is a huge success . there were other social websites before facebook like myspace. but again facebook dominated the market as the most successful. Why again? is it of the superiority of facebook? or other reasons?

You see there exits many Ideas that are innovative and bright ; But they don't manage to get the attention and wide spread adoption from the masses.
I'm suspecting there are some hidden reasons behind the extraordinary success of some companies (ex Microsoft, Google ,facebook) .I don't like conspiracy theories , but sometimes you can't understand some realities unless you question the real reasons behind.

Zye Valfzaurk
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I believe that one reason for the success of Google and Facebook is their discretion, what do I mean by that?.... Just compare the home page of Yahoo and Google, I would use Yahoo as an example because it is quite a name for itself... Opening the home page of Yahoo would give you tons of news, events, and ADVERTISEMENTS.... while opening up Google would take you to a page with only a textfield in the middle that would answer your query.... Just by this alone, Google doesn't resort to being "flashy", they just provide what they need to, which Yahoo failed to give because Yahoo itself defeated the purpose of being a search engine..... Google gives you what you want straight to the point..... Well got to go for now, I'll just continue my next explation upon return... XD

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Wikipedia articles show quite good how google and facebook started...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook

In both cases, the creators were academic citizens, sort of speaking. Once they made something interesting, money and power started to circle around them.

I am comparing this to one of my own experiences, while I was playing sax tenor. Once I played in a nice bar with a beautiful sunset about which Hemingway actually wrote. People liked the music, the place was full, drinks were constantly going into my direction.
How I got there to play is how it started. First, I was playing on one bridge, and my picture went out in news papers, people were talking about me, in that, one, city, that I was. Then, I wanted to play exactely in that bar, but I didn't wanted to be the one who will start the conversation. Once I was sitting there, and one of the two owners approached to me, asked me if I would like to play in their bar. I said yes, like I never thought about it. That first evening was really great, but also the only time I have played there. I just wanted to play once there, becaouse of that sun set... All was great, I was in the best mood, drinking, what sometimes is great for playing music... and one of the owners approached me with his ideas and offerings. He wanted from me that I play on big party boats for lots of money. Probably he didn't even had in mind that there are people who don't have feelings for money, so he didn't expected that at the end of the very sucessful evening I will pack my stuff and never come back.
What I want to say is... Younger people have fresh ideas, fresh feelings, they are more intuitive, more open, more everything and more lots of the things, and if they have really good knowledge and good skills (that was that investment into their education)... all together, sometimes people like that are attractive... Then, some older people, who are more experienced, who sometimes even know how to deal with the "evil" ways... they know that they can earn money on young people. When I was playing sax tenor, many times older people approached to me, offering me money, studio, everything and all... becaouse, people like that people, they know that the genuine smile is the best product to sell, the "real thing"... I don't know how to say it. Anyway, people like that know very well what sells, and one of the things that sells good is originality.
I personally was really not interested into money, fame, recording, and espetially not interested to have a company of such persons who were approaching me with the offers...
In both cases of Google and Facebook, people who did it, they knew how to do it, and they were in the university, having real informations, living real lifes connected with their alma matter, simply knowing what is going on around, and they knew what would be the improvement.
After that it was like a snow ball rolling, and becoming bigger and bigger, and bigger and bigger, and bigger... Or like crystalization process.

Zye Valfzaurk
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Petar Thomas wrote:That's really ockay... I'm used to be called like that. Sometimes I missread my own name as Peter as well. It's normal. I was called Pedro, also, and Nobody, and on my own language, Croatian, Black, "Crni".... I just hope that I didn't typed too much text into this forum, while drinking too many coffie, smoking cigarettes, and doing my thing...

I noticed this just now....
Well Petar is a peculiar name from where I came from..... XD
and I don't think that there's a rule that prevents users from typing meaningful contexts in this forum, honestly I've been reading some of your posts and found the way you think very interesting....

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank You Zye Valfzaurk for positive feedback.
I was also reading Your posts, and it inspired me to write mine when posts were going one after another. It's easier like that, and nice for me. Becaouse when I readed Your posts, I could identify with what You writted and understand, and then from that point I could try to write, thinking about what You have written , so I could also think about my self also. I really enjoyed it in moments...
Yesterday, before I went to sleep, I have readed reading material from links in the top of the forum, there are two links. One link is on text with suggestions for good behavior describing logical fallacies and how can people react on a good way. The other link is on text about history of the forum and description about what is going on with the forum. This forum was very good place to people before nine eleven, but that after that was so much hate that they wanted to close the forum, and wars, and everything, but they kept it open. I tend to think that the "meaningless" part of it is important , maybe, becaouse if something has no strong meaning then there wouldn't be strong emotions as well. Sometimes I am a little bit confused becaouse so many names from this forum site are people of other culture then mine, becaouse I grew up in a country which is small and when I was young I have never seen people from other countries. I was over twenty when I went to travel first time. I really don't know much enough about cultural differencies, and I am ashamed becouse of that, but I have noticed some times that with people who are from different culture than mine there was so much similarities, kind of in personality and intimacy, some times much much more than similarities with people with whom I grew up. I am also a little bit short on understanding things in my own country.
I don't know from which country You are Zye. I think that You go to sleep while I am still awake so maybe You are eastern from me in EuroAsia, but maybe I'm wrong. I am next to Italy in Croatia.

Zye Valfzaurk
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm in Asia, in a country called Philippines.... Its not that I'm sleeping, I'm just currently in my internship so I can only post here during my free time when I have finished a given task.... Actually this is my first time actively participating in a forum, I just happened to stumble upon CodeRanch while I was researching for servlets because I was given a task and it is my first time encountering it.. Then I read some topics until I came across this Meaningless Drivel.... Well personally for me I found this section more meaningful because of the liberated sharing of ideas... I myself has never traveled out of my country, I'm still a student and haven't really scene the face of the "world".... But though I'm not as experienced as you are, I had already built many for myself idealism.... As the days go by my idealism is proving to be more and more convenient.... Now I find funny as to why some people make big fusses about meaningless things.... I haven't seen a lot different cultures firsthand, but I believe its not that hard to adapt to cultures, but what is hard is to adapt to people who has neglected their cultures, just like those in that forum you are talking about where war is a part of their conversation.... I can't say that the culture of my country is perfect, but the way I apply it is what makes it great.... Now I've been living everyday without stress or problems even though my current schedule is very hectic.... I pity my colleagues who are very stressed in our current situation... They still haven't learned how to handle problems.... I have accepted the fact that this life is cruel, I learned to live with it.... I also learned not to haste things, I would even walk slowly even though I'm late and just smile to myself while some people around me are running and overdoing things.... Sometimes I don't even know how I'm able to be this calm, I'm just thankful that my mind was capable enough of understanding these things....

Petar Thomas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Wow, Philippines, that must be so beautifull, it's so far away from me. It is even more time zones away than India from me, to me now is high noon sun, it's past mid day... Wow, it must be night at Your place. I understand why You say that You are awake. I've noticed that You've written "not experienced as You are", maybe You see it more clearly than me. I have thought that maybe I am a bit more "experienced" than You, but more like in a form that I am not realy seriously more experienced than You, that was what I saw clearly from my side. I have 33 years, and I have never worked proffesionally like a programmer, and I have very though time to find my first job as a programmer, I have many issues connected to it. I think that it is great that You are a student. I have never went to university. I know perfectly nothing about Philippines, except that I think it's an islands, and I really love islands, but now I am not even sure about that too much. I think that later I will go into Google Earth and see how it looks. I think it looks so great. I think that I've picked up some headlines from the news about Philippines, but I am not sure now, becaoue I tend to forget things a lot. Maybe Your country is a Muslim country if I am not wrong. Next to my country there is a Bosina which is partly Muslim country very much, but I think that quite much all people there are "white". When I was growing up, and when I was allready tall, I have learned that Muslim countries are also in Africa, and on other places, and I think Philippines also, what confused me becaouse the only, partly Muslim at least, country that I knew before was Bosina, and even that I didn't know really well or for sure, becaouse once were few countries here in the one state, but I was borned while it was all in one state, and lived like for ten , maybe a bit more years, then it all changed, but not on a peacefull way. I can't really say that I understand what it means "I can't say that the culture of my country is perfect, but the way I apply it is what makes it great.", becaouse, I think that I know something about my culture, but one part of the culture where I live in is wars for a long period of time in history, but not only that, but even enough that many times I am trying to neglect the culture around me, becaoue I don't find my ways with subjects about violence. Now I think that I have readed that in Philippines there is an archeological finding of some Humans that were not really Homo Sapiens spieces, I think so. Here in my country there is one archeological site with prahistorical people, I think that those were Homo Sapiens. People of my country were not allways living here. History says that the people of my country moved in this place at the 7th century, but it's not really sure from where, similar like many people of nations around my country as well.. I also like how You write English.

Ranch Hand
Android Mac OS X Firefox Browser
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Henry Wong wrote:

Henry

They did try 51 ideas before the birds...

Something must be done about this. Let's start by reading this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic