• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How to have Weblogic running on two IP addresses?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

My Linux box has Weblogic running on it. It also has two network interface cards, and hence has two different IP addresses. I want users to be able to access my Weblogic using either of the IP addresses. How can I do this?

Thanks.

James Byars
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

James Byars wrote:Hi,

My Linux box has Weblogic running on it. It also has two network interface cards, and hence has two different IP addresses. I want users to be able to access my Weblogic using either of the IP addresses. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Sorry for bumping up, but I have waited rather long for an answer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Ranch Hand
VI Editor Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

the default listener address is "*" or when setting it in the console or via JMX, an empty string ("").
This will cause the WL Server instance to listen on all available interfaces on that box.

So, if you have a listen address specified, just replace it with an empty String.
When using the console, just leave that field blank, save and activate, then restart...

If you want to listen only on dedicated interfaces, configuring channels is the way forward.

Hope that helps.
Matt

James Byars
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Matt Cartwright wrote:
the default listener address is "*" or when setting it in the console or via JMX, an empty string ("").
This will cause the WL Server instance to listen on all available interfaces on that box.

So, if you have a listen address specified, just replace it with an empty String.
When using the console, just leave that field blank, save and activate, then restart...

If you want to listen only on dedicated interfaces, configuring channels is the way forward.

Hope that helps.
Matt

Thanks, Matt, yes, that worked

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic